• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Parking ticket saga.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
So my son and his girlfriend came home with a 98 Neon from British Columbia last week. We have two cars in the driveway and our tennant has a Jeep so, Jacob parked the car around the corner on a sidestreet. (there is no parking in front of the house) went to move the car yesterday and sure enough, a parking ticket. Figured i would help out so i went online to pay the ticket. Punched the ticket number in and message comes up, "this ticket is already paid." now i know son hasn't paid it as he doesn't even know he got one, so, called up the ticket department to ask. Woman asks for the ticket number, checks, comes back and says, "that ticket was cancelled, you don't have to pay." have no idea why but as Martha said "it's a little thing but it's a nice thing."

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Did you get a name from her?
Just in case it comes back?

G

DNK said:
Did you get a name from her?
Just in case it comes back?

Yeah, really. Things like this have a habit of comming back. That's how I found out O.P.P have the worst tuna fish sandwiches EVER! Next time your kid gets pulled over he could wind up goin' dpwn to da big house. I'd go down and pay it anyway.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I hope that it's "payback" for doing the right thing.

- Doug

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Here in California, you can go online and punch in the violation number to read what the law says. I've had 3 tickets that were issued where I wasn't breaking the law and they were cancelled. One was for street cleaning. Signs are supposed to be posted every 100 feet. The closest sign when I received my ticket was a half mile away and on a different street.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
GregW said:
Here in California, you can go online and punch in the violation number to read what the law says. I've had 3 tickets that were issued where I wasn't breaking the law and they were cancelled. One was for street cleaning. Signs are supposed to be posted every 100 feet. The closest sign when I received my ticket was a half mile away and on a different street.

same here - just printed the page that says "paid"

Country flag
JPSmit said:
GregW said:

same here - just printed the page that says "paid"

... and keep a copy in the glovebox for cheap insurance in case anyone stops you and asks about it....