• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 Thoughts on selling my restored TR250??

John250

I have been debating for a while of selling my fully restored TR250. I could use the money but at the same time it has been in my family since 69 and me and my dad spent almost 10 years doing the restoration. It is around 95% all original, runs and drives great. Its not hurting me sitting here,as it is obviously paid for, but like I said I could use the money. There is just the issue of feeling guilty for getting rid of it.

I was just wanting to see what other peoples thoughts were on this matter.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
If you need money due to financial situation, you do what you have to do. But for me, "need money for financial reasons" is very different from "want money for fun stuff".

If I had such a long personal connection to the car like you do, the car would be at the bottom of my "stuff to sell" list.

I've got things that have been in my family for over 400 years. I could enjoy having more money in the bank - but not at the expense of things that really "mean" something.

Just my two cents.
Tom

Country flag
That's definitely a personal thing. You can look at it both ways. Yes,its been in the family and would be hard to replace or if is sitting there not being enjoyed then let it go.

Marv

GilsTR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
John....I feel you. It is obvious you have a attachment to this car...while at the same time could use the extra bucks. In my home if the Red Car were to be missing it would leave a huge hole in our lives....and I would think that might be the case with you also. Bottom line...only you know how bad you need those dollars that could be generated by this sale. I would take a nice long ride....then come home and make that decision. Good luck to you. Gil NoCal

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hi, John, and welcome to the BCF!

I can appreciate your dilemma. At some point your financial need may trump the emotional attachment, but I'm sure it's still difficult.

If you do decide to sell, be sure to offer it here first. At least you'll know it's going to someone who will appreciate and enjoy it. I hated to let the TR8 I had go, but it's in the very good hands of a BCF member, and I can keep up with it through his posts here.

Good luck with the decision.

Mickey

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
I would think about it for a good 6 months, as it is a decision you cannot undue and could regret. But if you still feel the same way in 6 months, then it was time to part with it and you will probably not have future regrets.

OP
John250

John250

This is why I opened a new account on here. If I do sale it I am going to sale it on here. I would like for it to go to someone who appreciates it.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Marv's a collector, and even if he's not interested, can give you lots of advice.

Would love to have a 250 myself, but just don't have the room or resources.

OP
John250

John250

John
Just looked at where Saltillo, MS is located. Your about 50 miles from me. Would love to see the car.

Anytime you would like to let me know. I work on the road doing construction but when I am home I would gladly let you come by.

OP
John250

John250

How do you go about posting pictures on here? I have some I can put on this post but can't seem to figure how to get them in here

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
John250 said:
How do you go about posting pictures on here? I have some I can put on this post but can't seem to figure how to get them in here

Click on the "FAQ" link over on the left column; there are several ways shown there.

If you have them in a Photobucket or similar account, you can add the link in the body of your post. Otherwise, check out the FAQ instructions.

There's also a tutorial in the "Forum Navigation Help" section.

OP
John250

John250

I have been debating this for a little over a year. The problem is every time I am about convinced to sell it I will go for a drive and start regretting the thoughts of selling it.

The sentimental value doesn't quite compete with the irreplaceable value of it. Its not like there are many of them left and even less of those for sale.

Country flag
John
I've never been able to post pictures here either, not that tech savy but may try again. I'm retired so I can come over most anytime. I have a TR250 if yours is better than mine, I'll sell mine and buy yours if you decide to do so. Email me your address at home.

Marv

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hoo-boy! Like I said, if only I had room and funds...