• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Anyone Else...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
...have the propensity for leaving your cell phone behind? Wherever? Just had to call myself to locate it! :wall:

As long as I've had one, it's still a chore for me to remember to pick it up once I've laid it down somewhere when it's time to go.

Yeah, I know... I'm gettin' on. As convenient as cell phones have made life, it's still ~unnatural~ to lug this thing around.

Guess by the time we've mastered mental telepathy and won't need these contraptions, I'll be long gone...

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
You're not the only one.... I'll bet there are hundreds left in NYC taxi cabs everyday.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just spent last 15 minutes trying to figure where mine fell out of my pocket

G

Keep everything together: keys, wallet, phone. Always put it in the same pocket and pat yourself while heading out the door. Saved me several times.

The main thing always keep everything together.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Mickey Richaud said:
...have the propensity for leaving your cell phone behind? Wherever? Just had to call myself to locate it! :wall:

Only when I want to, only when I want to. :devilgrin:

seriously though probably Freudian

D

Deleted member 8987

Don't have one to lose. I found out several years ago I am not important enough to world peace to have the need to be contactable at a moment's notice.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
TOC said:
Don't have one to lose. I found out several years ago I am not important enough to world peace to have the need to be contactable at a moment's notice.

same here!

Reminds me of the old joke: what happened to the guy who bought the super-duper atomic powered watch that showed time all over the world, calculated any formula, computed any value, made excuses to your wife and changed the car's oil?

He lost it.

T.

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Just the opposite. Went to New Orleans this weekend and for the first time ever, forgot my cell phone. Got to the city and went right to AT&T and bought new phone (I was ready for an upgrade).

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
kellysguy said:
Keep everything together: keys, wallet, phone. ...

Keys usually never leave the iggy...
Or I would be in trouble

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
On another forum, I posted a photo of what my standard "kit" contains. A sort of homage to James Burke and his series: "Connections". His contention was that we're all about the same when it comes to the content of our pockets and what we consider necessary gear.
In the photo I posted I <span style="font-style: italic">forgot</span> to include the cell 'phone. :smirk: :jester:

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Mine's around here <span style="text-decoration: underline">somewhere</span>. I'm never quite sure where.

I'm always switching it back to "ring" as soon as I can (if there is no reason to leave it silenced on "vibrate"). That way I can find it.

I do not use my mobile phone to insure world peace.
More like family peace. :laugh:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Client peace is the issue here. "Incident interdiction" is part-and-parcel of my geeky lifestyle.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
kellysguy said:

That's what I do all the time. Everyday when I get home, everything gets put in the same place so I always know where everything is. I can't get this concept across to my wife, so I have to just sit and chuckle everyday as she looks for something such as the phone or the car keys.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
martx-5 said:
Everyday when I get home, everything gets put in the same place so I always know where everything is.

Yep, got that system down. It's when I'm elsewhere, and busy doing whatever it is that brings world peace.

MikeP

Jedi Knight
Just like others, everything is in the same place at home so I Can find them the next time I'm headed to work or out. Gives me much more time to wonder where I set that tool I was just using when in the garage....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
martx-5 said:
kellysguy said:

That's what I do all the time. Everyday when I get home, everything gets put in the same place so I always know where everything is. I can't get this concept across to my wife, so I have to just sit and chuckle everyday as she looks for something such as the phone or the car keys.

mehheh. Same situation here. Even her glasses can just "disappear" sometimes. But I pace and stew... :wall: