• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bugs in me box

G

I've got a virus. Google and yahoo are running slow. Surprisingly this place runs o.k. Scrubbed w/ CC and restored till the cows came home but still no luck. What can I do?

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

I always open Process Explorer (free) to see what's taking up the CPU, and kill it or at least suspend it to find out if that helps.
Had FireFox do that several times.....up to 90% CPU, had to close it all down and re-open it.
FaceBook seems to be the worst culprit, slowing it all down, followed closely by ANY Yahoo group. I do believe they are mining for data, and when they run up against Ghostery, ABP, and such on my confuser, they loop.
I'd rather have that than let Zook have at my data.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I think your siggy sums it up.......

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Ah.
Won't download or won't open?

You have SpyBot on the desktop?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
What browser are you using?

OP
G

Won't open, not that I know of.

JP, IE.

I had Kelly bring home her laptop from the studio and it's doing the same thing.

We have AT$T high speed internet.

OP
G

"Network outage in your area" which I guess is better than problems with my box.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
kellysguy said:
Won't open, not that I know of.

JP, IE.

I had Kelly bring home her laptop from the studio and it's doing the same thing.

We have AT$T high speed internet.

If Kelly has the same problem it's not the computer. do you have some type of modem? is there a firewall or compatibility issue?