• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Why are the simplest tasks the most troublesome

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I can swap out a transmission in a day, but I'll be darned if I can install those retainer washers on the bonnet dzus fasteners. GEEESH! Seems like using a socket and giving it a rap with a hammer would do the job, but how does one hold the dzus fastenr firmly in place to accomplish this? My head just can't seem to come up with the solution today.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Assuming the bonnet is on the car......

place a support (2X - plywood - whatever) on and over the the inner fender, place the socket on the 2X, place the washer on the socket, lower the bonnet and align all with the Dzus fastener. Place the T wrench into the Dzus and strike smartly down on the T wrench with a BFH.

Seems like some version of this technique should yield a positive result.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Google moss motors how to install dzus fasteners, for an easy to follow explaination. The large hammer part is a bit intimidating though.