• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

craigslist Rant - Why do they..

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Why do people post things for $1,$5,$10,
& then put the actual price in the ad?
Minor thing,but after wading thru all of the
scams,& out of the area listers (if I want to look-
for a vehicle in the LA area,I'll search the LA craigslist),
it gets kind of irritating.
If you see these scam posts (No phone number,no license-
plates,a background that doesn't look local,price is way -
too low),please flag them.If people delete them asap,maybe the scammers will go elsewhere.

- Doug

Country flag
I've wondered that too. My guess was it has something to do with the listing policies of CL and they do something differently if the price is in the tag line? Don't know really.....

G

Silverghost said:
I've wondered that too. My guess was it has something to do with the listing policies of CL and they do something differently if the price is in the tag line? Don't know really.....

I don't think so and I hate it. I always flag it, especially if they list a good price and then when you go in it's double. If the title is misleading too.

MikeP

Jedi Knight
I think it's to draw in folks who end up spending what's actually being asked who might not have opened the ad and read it. Of course they peeve twice as many other people who just close it. Now that I say this, I wonder of there's some count of ads being opened and perhaps some reward process if you have high activity rates. Something like that could account for it too.