• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

IT'S FRIDAY!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
And this place needs to WAKE UP! Been kinda slow here this week.

So...

...here's what happens when you mix Celtic and Cajun music:

rybBYNY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

So, how do you say, "Laissez les bon temps rouler" in Celtic?"
grin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Foot stompin' Friday.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good stuff, Mickey. Thanks for that.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
These guys (L'Angelus) are a family, from Lafayette, La. Six kids, I believe, and all of them are musicians. Great stuff!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Couple more:

M4_Wu6o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fq6sQGb012o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Hate to spoil your weekend, Mickey, but HUBIG'S PIES burned to the ground this morning in New Orleans. 5 alarm fire. I went and bought a bunch for my freezer. May keep a while then later put them on EBay.

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Also, besides the fire, I HATE CHANK-A-CHANK music. Not sure where the Celtic reference is....

Anytime I see two chicks dancing together, I get nervous.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
TR6BILL said:
Also, besides the fire, I HATE CHANK-A-CHANK music. Not sure where the Celtic reference is....

"St. Anne's Reel" - Scottish/Irish tune.

TR6BILL said:
Anytime I see two chicks dancing together, I get nervous.

Don't know why - Cajun dancers do that all the time. Prolly 'cause the guys don't know how!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
By the way, there's Cajun music, and there's Chank-a-chank. This is Chank-a-chank:

vrrz6ZU&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I like 'em both!

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Sorry, Mickey, that's not Chank-a-CHANK, that's Zydeco. Boo Boo Chavis was named King of Zydeco in New Orleans, but Clifton Chenier would have argued that, being as he was the true originator of that music style. C-a-C is predominately white Cajun French music sung (if you want to call it that) virtually entirely in Cajun French dialect. Zydeco music, on the other hand, was developed near my home in Central Louisiana on the fringe of French Country, specifically around Ville Platte, Lawtell, Turkey Creek and Opelousas, LA. It is the Black-Cajun's version of French Music, with a little bit of C-a-C, a little bit of R&B and a little bit of Rock n Roll. (I feel a song coming on....). Zydeco is sung almost entirely in English. Creole is a term often given to, and used by, French Blacks but it is not accurate. But that is a story for another day....

My sources: Clifton Chenier (he's dead so you can't call him.....the history of Zydeco as told to his dentist while having a 2-caret diamond set into his front tooth) and Sandi, my next-door neighbor, daughter of Fred (of Fred's Lounge fame) and fluent in Cajun French.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well, Bill - I can't equal your sources. But I was always told Chank-a-chank was Cajun with accordion and washboard. A bit raunchier than L'Angelus, for sure. And given the name, it's understandable!

https://homepages.uwp.edu/hemer000/def.html

Guess it's a "tomato/tomahto" thing! :jester: