• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

All clear! I can come out of the basement now.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Holy moly! that was some storm! looks like a tornado touched down about 5 miles from here. all the local stations are down, 911 went down, just got internet back. I have power but Elmira is dark.
Thankfully no fatalities reported so far.
That was a LOT of lightning!!!!!!

GaryBeu

Banned
NOAA says that same kind of stuff is on it's way here within the next hour !!

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Keep your head down! that was major.
Pics starting to leak out of Elmira. Buildings with severe damage, tons of trees down power out. Not total annihilation like out in the Mid-West, but highly unusual for this area. Tornadoes are almost unheard of around here.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was on the soccer field about 18:30 and man I never saw a sky that looked that ominous. After the first lightning strike we called the games... it is pouring right now and very windy. I sure hope we don't lose any big trees :eeek:

Quite a line of storms.

m

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
The best preparation for these types of storm is knowing that it can happen. Stay safe all of you in these storm areas.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Lots of thunder and some flooding and power outages here last night - not us though. Sad for the severity but grateful for the rain!

G

Hehehe, you Yankees don't know what bad summer weather is. :wink:

G

AN5Sprite said:
Would a lightning strike to the head be more painful in LA or MS than up here? :savewave:

Prob'ly up thar, cee'in y'all aways sayin' yer brayns R big'ger. :jester:

Hurricanes I don't mind, them tor'nadies is whuts skeers me!!! :eeek:

AN5Sprite

Jedi Knight
kellysguy said:
AN5Sprite said:
Would a lightning strike to the head be more painful in LA or MS than up here? :savewave:

Prob'ly up thar, cee'in y'all aways sayin' yer brayns R big'ger. :jester:
:eeek:

Well....you got me there Chief... :devilgrin: :jester:

I'm with you on the Tornado thing. Even small ones are bad scary. :cheers:

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Lots of rain and lightning here. Parts of Indiana, PA were flooded. Most of my driveway was washed out into the middle of US119. Got home at 7 to find the dog at the door and the fiance hiding under the coffee table.

G

sd80mac7204 said:
Lots of rain and lightning here. Parts of Indiana, PA were flooded. Most of my driveway was washed out into the middle of US119. Got home at 7 to find the dog at the door and the fiance hiding under the coffee table.

Could been much worse, dog coulda been inside and fiance' at the door. :wink:

Why didn't she let the dog in ?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
sd80mac7204 said:

Disturbing. We've a family home less than 100 miles due west of you, haven't heard from the occupants so hoping "no news is good news". :eeek:

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
kellysguy said:
sd80mac7204 said:

Could been much worse, dog coulda been inside and fiance' at the door. :wink:

Why didn't she let the dog in ?

The dog was inside. He was just very happy to see me.

There are still a lot of people that have no power or no internet or phone and I think western PA and eastern OH are some of the affected areas.

We have only half of our "phases" here at work working so we have extension cords running from parts of the building that have power to lights and computers in the parts not working. I have a working computer but no lights.

article_a9c8aa2a-d7df-11e1-affc-001a4bcf887a.html

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Elmira made the National radio news yesterday.
Hope it didn't do too much damage.

- Doug

G

AngliaGT said:
Elmira made the National radio news yesterday.

- Doug

Yeah, that's never a good thing. Hope folks are o.k. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I still haven't heard of any fatalities,thankfully. Seems there is quite a bit of damage, but I think the only buildings that went down were pole barns, and an abandoned 2 story brick building. Earlier today they still didn't have power, and they have enacted a curfew after 8 pm. no unnecessary travel.
Some damage to the local mall as well. It seems there were at least 2 tornadoes in the area from pics of funnel clouds in different locations.