• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OT - Roadtrip!

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
For those that track or care about such things I picked up another member of the fleet, or should say I am about to. She is the 917th Mercedes 350 SL built, so early they didn't tag her as a 450 actually. The car is in WA and I'll be driving her to my in-laws in greater Sacramento over the weekend.

5Nb5E15P03Eb3F73Jec7j8b868d45dab319e4.jpg

Photos and updates from the road if anyone gives a hoot.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
tdskip said:
Photos and updates from the road if anyone gives a hoot.

'Course we do!

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
For sure Tom. Make me jealous :smile:

Cheers,
Tush

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
My Hero! Drive Safe!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
OK - you've got our interest. You're gonna have to flesh this one out a tad...

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Good morning from Spokane - neat town. Pretty interesting river and several falls running through town. Just found a still working hydro generator from 1922. Cool.

falls.jpg

This looking back up at the upper falls and city park with the IMAX theater being the big white building on the right.

smallfalls.jpg

Mickey Richaud said:
OK - you've got our interest. You're gonna have to flesh this one out a tad...

Let's just say that our members are pretty gung-ho compared to some. And that is all I am going to say about that.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mehheh... you meet up with Doug? Or Don?

...and where's th' Benz pix? :jester:

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
Not that it matters but I thought all the 350's were hubcap cars. The 350's far and away were the best looking of that SL series as the big bumpers on the 450 just killed the looks on them. Pretty car.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice looking car, should be a nice cruiser.

I do have to add, though... another car? What's the tally these days? :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
ahh. Car image didn't show up on first opening of the thread. Looks NICE!! Congrats!

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Rich - they did. This had later wheels.

The car is mine - I'm off from Coeur D'Alene! Hopefully next stop is Moscow Idaho.

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Now that I see the pic, nice looking car. If I'm correct, those are vacuum assist cars? If so, let's hope all the lines are working. ISTR everything is vacuum assisted....

Drive safe!

PatGalvin

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tom, come on by and check out the TR3 Resto progress. It should be a big weekend of sanding and priming. I'll PM you my number.

Pat
Folsom, CA

OP
T

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
Hi guys. Made it to Moscow IdahoOK. 95 is beautiful rolling road through western Idaho. I'd recommend it. Plan is Lewiston and then west and down to Bend.

Oil pressure is pegged, temp running a consistent 180. First fuel milage check - 11.5 MPH at average of 70 MPG. Yikes.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
tdskip said:
Oil pressure is pegged, temp running a consistent 180. First fuel milage check - 11.5 MP<span style="color: #FF0000">H</span> at average of 70 MP<span style="color: #FF0000">G</span>. Yikes.

YIKES indeed. :jester: :smirk:

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
!!! my bud's F150 got 18mpg loaded!