• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Disneyland Advice

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Disneyland Advice

My Wife wants to take Lilly,our Granddaughter,
to Disneyland next month.I have no desire to go to LA
again,but it's not for me.
What's the best,most affordable way to buy tickets?
Any other ideas?

- Doug

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Re: Disneyland Advice

Bought ours online and sometimes the hotels have great packages too.
The timeshare places are free but you have to be hog tied down and have blather beat into your brain

Better yet
Disney World
Disneyland doesn't even compare

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight

Don's right, look for package deals. I see a lot of them on TravelZoo. The plus is if you can get a hotel with shuttle or on the DL campus you don't have to drive once you get there. :wink:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Was at Disneyland (well, the attached hotel) for a conference a couple years ago. Can't offer any advice for finding good priced tickets, but I did discover that a reasonable quantity of Jim Beam made the park and surroundings more survivable. :thirsty:

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag

I'm really sorry, I don't have a useful answer for you. But since you asked, I have an accurate answer.

As a local, I can tell you the best, most affordable way to get into Disneyland is to go with someone who works there. They get you in for free.

On the other hand, if you can manage to be here over a weekend you can sneak out to Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning. And you can still spend the day with the family (you definitely DON'T want to go to Disneyland on a summer weekend).

pc

A

aerog

Beware of cut-rate ticket outlets that sell actual but partially-used tickets outside the parks. Disney sells tickets for a certain number of days (or yearly passes). Some places will buy 7-day tickets from people that have only been used for, say, 5 days - and in turn try to sell it to you as a valid 2-day ticket. The practice is shady and illegal (at least it is here), but worse-yet the tickets are probably invalid. Disney uses finger-print readers to tie the tickets to the guest, and when they're not matched up you'll start to run into trouble. Occasionally the cast-member manning the turnstile may reset the pass, but at best it's a gamble.

The best legitimate ticket deals are usually through AAA and/or occasionally through a travel company that may be able to work a package deal for tickets and lodging. Unless you have a good reason for it, skipping the "parkhopper" option will save you lots of money on each ticket; the parkhopper option lets you go between DL and California-Adventure on a single day but it costs extra. Over multiple-days it can add up <span style="font-style: italic">plenty</span>.

MouseSavers is a good source of information, Dad's Guide to WDW is about the Florida parks but the same general rules (where/how to buy and where not to) apply. This is an example of what <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> to do.

Google is your friend here too, there is absolutely no shortage of detailed information on every aspect of Disney parks.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Doug
The last time we went Safeway Stores had a promotion. Knowing your Safeway connection this might be helpful.

Paul

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker

I had a bunch of unused E tickets ........if I could only find them.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag

Quite a fantasy land for the young and old, but very expensive. Hard to imagine a family with a bunch of kids going there unless their fairly well heeled. Only advice I can offer is to go after school is back in session, after labor day in September. Worked for us, much smaller crowd and the temperature is much more enjoyable. Not sure if they offer off season rates anymore. PJ