• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ebay Buyer Protection anyone?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I bought four (all the same) items on ebay on June 9th and immediately paid for for them. Items were purchased with the "Buy It Now" option which requires payment through paypal.
Seller posted that they were shipped the next day (June 10) and the delivery date was as "delivery June 26 - July 10)
Since I did not receive the items today, I emailed the seller to request that he reship or refund my payment.
I will give him 48 hours to respond before filing a claim.
Has anyone filed a claim under their "Buyer Protection" program?
What were the results?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've been fortunate with ebay transactions - both buying and selling. From what I've heard, stay on it, Elliot. The system works, but you play a part.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Like you Mickey, I've NEVER had a problem... I've been lucky and had honest sellers. I don't doubt that the seller sent the items, but I just never received them and he does not provide any tracking numbers for orders under $35 which mine was.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
No problems here either. However, one time something came from China and the seller wasn't available, but he indicated that the shipment might be delayed a few weeks (and it was).

For buyer protection, I'd merely contact eBay. I think they'll tell you to start with the seller so-as to try to resolve the matter at that level first.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Right you are Mark... that's exactly what I did. If I don't get a response then I'll go the claim route. My items by the way are coming from China... what isn't made there?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Gliderman8 said:
I bought four (all the same) items on ebay on June 9th and immediately paid for for them. Items were purchased with the "Buy It Now" option which requires payment through paypal.
Seller posted that they were shipped the next day (June 10) and the delivery date was as "delivery June 26 - July 10)
Since I did not receive the items today, I emailed the seller to request that he reship or refund my payment.
I will give him 48 hours to respond before filing a claim.
Has anyone filed a claim under their "Buyer Protection" program?
What were the results?

I have - i think through paypal first though. Instant favourable reults. I was very pleased.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
JP - could you give a little more info on how you used that Buyer Protection plan? Don't you have to wait a certain number of days to get the issue "resolved", attempts to contact *after* the delivery date, etc.?

Thanks.
Tom

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
NutmegCT said:
JP - could you give a little more info on how you used that Buyer Protection plan? Don't you have to wait a certain number of days to get the issue "resolved", attempts to contact *after* the delivery date, etc.?

Thanks.
Tom
I ordered a sweater from Scotland and after I paid had no further communication from the seller. After a number of attempts to contact them I contacted Paypal. (This I do know as I still have their email) Shortly thereafter I received an email from the seller (they had been out of the country and then their server crashed - so no malice) telling me it had been shipped and apologizing. I think - think - it was about 2 weeks as I was waiting for shipping from Scotland (+ no communication) before I contacted Paypal. This was all 2005 so the details are hazy.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Update... called ebay and since it is shipping from HK I have 60 days to file a claim. The seller emailed me back to say they would reship but it could take up to 25 BUSINESS days to receive which would put me over the limit to file a claim. I want to give the seller the chance to make it right, but if I wait then I'm the one out of luck.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Gliderman8 said:
Update... called ebay and since it is shipping from HK I have 60 days to file a claim. The seller emailed me back to say they would reship but it could take up to 25 BUSINESS days to receive which would put me over the limit to file a claim. I want to give the seller the chance to make it right, but if I wait then I'm the one out of luck.

can you get tracking information to prove it has been sent?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
DNK said:
Gliderman8 said:
... what isn't made there?

My Kids

OK completely Politically Incorrect joke ahead.

A friend of mine swore he stopped at three children because he read that 1 in 4 people born on the planet are Chinese. :crazyeyes:

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
JPSmit said:
can you get tracking information to prove it has been sent?

When I requested tracking info the seller informed me that orders under $35 are not shipped with tracking numbers :madder:
I'm not too worried, I will file a claim in the next two weeks if the new shipment does not arrive. I'm sure ebay will just charge back the sellers account. I could really use the items though!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
My experience was similar. Turns out that the guy was out of the country... and the shipment was delayed about 3 weeks, but the product did arrive.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
JPSmit said:
I have - i think through paypal first though. Instant favourable reults. I was very pleased.

I try to stick with Pay Pal purchases. They seem to be a no nonsense operation. I've never had a bad experience with them. Pay Pal might have a strict policy for vendors to adhere to or be dropped. Not sure. PJ

Country flag
Some years ago I bought something for my daughter that turned out to be a forgery. Shipped from Thailand and the seller wasn't too communicative. Made a claim through Paypal and got most back- its not failsafe, but it worked better than I thought...

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Update on my Ebay purchase....
I got home late Saturday to find a package in my mail box. The items I purchased on Ebay had arrived.
I purchased the items on 6/9 and the seller claimed they were shipped on 6/10... pretty good service, right? WRONG!!
The package is dated by "China Post" as being postmarked 6/22; about two weeks later than the seller claimed it was shipped!

Forgot to add: The seller is a lying sack of... well you know :devilgrin:

Anyone know what the number "20" means at the far right of the postmark?

Attachments

• 29203.jpg
    29203.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 59

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Best guess would be 8:00 p.m.