• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The last of its species..

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I had a Pinto around '80 that looked OK, but the floorboards were totally rusted out.
If I sat in it, the floor would go down about 2" and it felt like I was going to end up on the road.
I had put 1/4" plywood pieces down to keep out rain and dirt, but I never repaired it properly (No time: I was working, building a house and in grad school).

The car ran great but I eventually put the car up for sale. A very big guy (approx 350 lbs I'd say) came on a snowy New Year's Eve and bought it for $200.
I warned him about the floor, but he was pretty nonchalant about it.
Wonder if he made it home?

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
His "seat gas tank" in all likelihood wasn't any more dangerous than the Pinto's original.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have a student intern that drives her Pinto daily to work etc. I'll have to get a picture. I would have to say that we do not have salt on the roads and cars here rarely rust out.

Paul

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Isn't rust original equipment for a Pinto? And they tank configuration looks much safer than the original Ford set up.