• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I think it is time

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
I tend to like the journey more than the end point. I find myself not driving the car much and not having the motivation to fix the little things. The car will go on the market next week. I frequent a number of car forums, this one is near the top with knowledgable and helpful people and I thank you for the assistance you have provided me.
fencefront34BW.jpg

rearfencereflectBW.jpg

TimK

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
you have a unique "retro-mod". I hope you find a willing buyer who will enjoy it for what it is.

OP
H

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
Thanks Tim, I understand the Z powered car won't be for everyone, but the car is what it is (and has been for 25 years) and it will find a new home and a happy owner.
Sidepostetop.jpg

OP
H

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
Hey Rick,

I'm sure our virtual paths will continue to cross. I do have a 60's Porsche in mind, but sometimes cars find their owners, so I have an open mind. I learned early that you make (or lose less) money when buy and I should come out just fine. I will price it to sell and based on the interest in the car at shine and shows, I think someone will fall in love with the car.

Ken
front.jpg

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
nICE JOB!! :thumbsup: It has been a good show watching your project evolve. Thank you for including us. Best wishes on all your future projects. :cheers:

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Priced to sell in my mind...good luck with your next find...

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Ken,

To ME as it is, your ad is too cumbersom and laborious to
read through.

Personally, I started reading and after the first 5 lines,
I quit, and I am more about modified Austin Healeys than
most car people you will find. I run the Modified Austin
Healey Registry web site (www.modifiedhealeys.org)

You are not looking for an Austin Healey purist here.
You are looking for a Gear Head with an interest and some
money. I don't think that they will take the time to wade
through the minutia of your ad.

There is way, WAY, <span style="font-weight: bold">WAY</span> too much detail up front.
I'd start with 4-5 IMPORTANT bullets items up front,
for example, the car, the engine & driveline, the body &
paint, the drivability... Then if MUCH more detail
(about the radio for example) is important to you, put it
down below the bullets so that <span style="font-weight: bold">only</span> those who are
REALLY interested have to take the time to read it.

Just MY opinion, but you asked....

Ken, I LOVE your car and I'd be glad to put your car in
the "Cars For Sale" section of the Modified healeys web site.

I also suggest that you submit your ad to the magazines of the
TWO National Clubs - AHCA & AHCUSA.

Tim - www.modifiedhealeys.org

OP
H

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
Tim,

You are absolutely right. I wrote the ad for me, kind of the story of the car and not from a buyer's perspective looking for a cool toy. I adjusted the ad accordingly and I appreciate any exposure you can give the car.

link

Thank you,

Ken

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Ken,

I think that your revised ad is MUCH more attractive and a MUCH easier read. It should attract a buyer.

I will get your ad and pictures up on a couple of AH web sites today.

PLEASE let me know when/if you sell the car so I can take the ads down.

Tim