• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP Rich Chrysler...

Country flag
I *just* received this in an E-mail from the Detroit area club:

Ron;

As you may or may not have heard, Rich Chrysler passed away today around noon from pancreatic cancer. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lyn, the boys and their family. I will pass along details as they become available.

Would you please pass this untimely and sad message onto the membership.

Thanks,

Les

If I hear more, I will pass that along. :frown:

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
Rich came through when I was desperately looking for a replacement head stud for that Longbridge 100/6 engine I built. They're not a readily available item; thanks again Rich, thanks again!

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I heard it on the Healey list too, total shock to me, never met the man, but we corresponded about Healeys often, he was EXTREMELY knowledgable about the cars and always willing to share the knowledge, our world is diminished by his passing.

I liked to track down the few Healey 100s that resided in my relatively rural section of the world, and I shared the information with Rich who kept the 100 registry, I like to think he enjoyed hearing about the cars, I know I always enjoyed our exchanges even though we never met face to face. A very sad day in the healey world.

Greg

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
This is a terrible loss for all fans of Austin-Healeys, and especially for those of us who counted Rich among our friends. We've lost one of the very best friends of the marque, and great resource, not to mention just a great guy.

RT

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
A tragedy and a great shock. I had no idea and I'm devastated. I only spoke to him a few weeks ago. When I was living in Canada Rich was one of the first people I met after I bought my Healey. I can still remember him instructing me on the correct way to fold a Longbridge top. He was the person that gave me the confidence to make long trips in my car and I'll always remember our trip to Indianalpolis together with Scott Morris.

Rich was a super guy of the old school. Enthusiastic, kind and friendly with no ego but a vast knowledge of Healeys (and railways), that he loved to share.

RIP Rich, 'old chum'.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to Lyn and all their family.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Just read about Rich's passing this morning. Very sad to here as we had "talked" several times over the past few years via this forum and he was a great resource and great guy. Did not know he was ill with cancer and I am sure he put up a valiant fight. Like to think he's up in heaven having a pint with DMH whose birthday was a few days ago ! Condolences to his family. Rich, you will be missed.
Regards,
Mike Lewis

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Such a loss for the Healey community.

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
I had several opportunities to meet and chat with Rich.

He personified the word "Gentleman". Whether you knew him or not, you will miss him.

Tim

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
How unfortunate. My condolences to both his immediate and extended families. He was indeed an asset to this forum and no doubt to the world at large as well.

TodE

Jedi Hopeful
I am sure Rich and Dave Russell are having great talks about Healey's. We have lost another great asset and a gem of a guy. While it comes with great sadness, their pain is no more. God Bless!

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
More information from SEMAHC:

--- E - Flash ---

July 8, 2012

South East Michigan AHC-Web Site

FYI

Today I received the following email from Les Vass. It is from the membership director of the Austin Healey Club of Southern Ontario. There is a short tribute to Rich on the Home Page of the AHCSO web site. https://www.ahcso.com/

Ron Mitchell

Web Master: South East Michigan Austin Healey Club

----- Forwarded Message -----

This was distributed by the AHCSO.

Les

Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:07:43 PM
Subject: AHCSO: Rich Chrysler

July 5th

Dear Healey Members,

I have sad news to pass along. Our founding member Rich Chrysler peacefully passed away earlier today. The family has asked that we limit phone calls and emails as they work through their loss. I will post an email with memorial details when they become available, the website https://www.ahcso.com/ will also host the details. I was told the memorial service will be a few weeks away, however nothing has been confirmed.
On behalf of all AHCSO members our condolences to Lyn and family.

Phil

Brinkerhoff

Jedi Knight
Very shocking indeed , I wouldn't have known it without this forum. I had the pleasure of his company a few times at Conclave in 2006 . A truly nice , enthusiast that our community will miss. Kevin Brinkerhoff

bartu

Freshman Member
I'm very sorry , my condolences to the family. I had exchanged some information with him a few months ago when I started to work on my recent BJ7 project. Very enthusiastic and willing to help with information. Hard to find people so dedicated these days. Hope he will be in Heaven with a nice Healy for ever. God bless him. Joe Bartute

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I've been busy with work these past several months, but read about Rich's passing in Healey Marque this week. I came here right away to see if there was a thread and had to search to find this. I can't believe he passed in July and I was unaware. Rich was a great help to me with the interior and chrome trim on my BJ8. He took the time to send me photos and explain several things I was unsure of. He patiently answered my follow up questions and would go and take specific photos of what I needed to see. He never met, didn't know me, but couldn't do enough to help me. Just a prince of a guy. You will be missed Rich.