• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hola amigos

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Well, Day 3 and a quick check in after I said I would disconnect. The flight to Paris was uneventful but tight (think school bus with wings) It was however late so we missed our train. Took the later train and had to sit on folding seats inbetween the cars. That wasn´t so bad but the conductor neglected to mention the train split at DAX - and we were on the wrong half. Found out two stops later and caught a train back to Bayonne, but the last train had left. (I got to use all my high school french to good effect and the French railway folk were more than helpful!) Next day got to St Jean and started walking - hot and late! so we only went 5 km - did I mention it was all uphill. Next day cool and foggy - perfect for walking across a mountain. Walked the remaining 22km to Roncevaux. One highlight was being above the clouds, just where the road ends and finding a Camino snack truck complete with coffee! (simple pleasures) That night satyed in a very cool hostel - four beds per alcove, a row of 30? alcoves per floor. New & clean. This am another 22km across the rest of the mountains. I am sore but no blisters! so far so good! Have met folk from many nations and snoring is universal! BTW, don´t tell SWMBO I looked but cool old Citroens, Lada Nivas and lots of old Nissan Patrols and Landys. very fun!
Will keep you posted as possible. Buen Camino!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:savewave:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Good to hear you arrived safely.

Still jealous, though...

grin.gif

G

JPSmit said:
Well, Day 3 and a quick check in after I said I would disconnect. The flight to Paris was uneventful but tight (think school bus with wings) It was however late so we missed our train. Took the later train and had to sit on folding seats inbetween the cars.

Soooooo, you were supposed to fly in on a bus with wings but it turned into a train and then cars because it was late. This sounds like Cinderella on acid...you are staying away from the brown acid, right?
grin.gif

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Be safe, have fun.

oHafFp4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Bon jour. :cooler: We leave for Paris on Thursday.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Quick update. First off we are in a 5 star hotel on the edge of the square Castillo in Pamplona. Its my birthday and time for a break. Had the most amazing tapas and then paella tonight. And cheap amazing. First the bad news SWMBO is having blister issues that might affect her ability to keep walking. We will see. Walked through a lot of rain today. Last night at supper we were at a table of six and I got to use every language i have ever learned or tried to learn. English French Dutch Spanish and Korean. That is the.fun of Camino.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Splendid place to enjoy a birthday at.
Good Luck JP

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Happy B'day JP. Save us a piece of cake!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:lol:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
JPSmit said:
First the bad news SWMBO is having blister issues that might affect her ability to keep walking. We will see.

So, today. Walked only a very shoirt distance, 5 km. My wife in sandels. Got to the Albergue and the first words out of the owners lips were, ¨get a shower and if you have problems with your feet I will fix them.¨SWMBO did that, the woman drained fluid from under a toenail, fixed her dressing on the blister and repaired her shoes - which were causing the problem. Amazing! So, hopefully back on schedule tomorrow. This Albergue is lovely - orange trees and shade. Had a pilgrims meal tonoght (OK) and now watch the sunset to walk tomorrow. All in all a very good day!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks for the update! Sounds like the "doctor" has seen her share of foot issues.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Glad to hear this.
Blisters are the worst (especially for me....I have a weird foot issue that makes them worse).

When a bunch of our Boy Scouts and parents went to the Philmont camp (in NM), they all said the hardest part of the week was the blisters.

startech47

Jedi Knight
Your pack should be a maximum of 20 pounds before adding the food and a maximum of 40 pounds with food. Remember 1 pound on your feet (shoes) is the same as 10 pounds in the pack. Only the adults in our group had blisters, their packs were way over weight.