• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Citroen DS

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Coming out of church, looked up the street and it was gliding across the intersection. Beautiful! My first car w as a DS back when they were just an unusual used car. Pretty high on my "love to have " list.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
racingenglishcars said:
Even over here they're not common but I also saw one a couple days ago, Lavender!

My dad actually had several, one a station wagon.

Mine was a wagon.... sigh

tvr4me

Country flag
JP, I remember your DS driving around Belleville about 1979 or so. Wasn't there also a late fifties Audi. I had a spitfire, a TR6 and 63 VW pickup back then. DS's are very cool cars.

Cheers, Ian

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
tvr4me said:
JP, I remember your DS driving around Belleville about 1979 or so. Wasn't there also a late fifties Audi. I had a spitfire, a TR6 and 63 VW pickup back then. DS's are very cool cars.

Cheers, Ian

I am impressed! Only had the Citroen for 6 months or so before the engine blew. The DKW (Audi) '58 belonged to my dad. The two oddest cars in town in the same driveway.
grin.gif

D

Deleted member 8987

Let me get this straight.
You had a Toad. It blew the engine.
You pine after said motor carcass?
Any car I ever owned that blew an engine (not planned rebuild) I no longer pine after.
Can you say Fiat 600?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
TOC said:
Any car I ever owned that blew an engine (not planned rebuild) I no longer pine after.
Can you say Fiat 600?

Ah, I remember those Fiat 600s well (in high school - or was it 500s?). I pine for a new one (or at least the Italian gal in the ads). :yesnod:

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
TOC said:
Can you say Fiat 600?

See that signature Fiat "600" Multipla.
grin.gif
I'm a sick man.

D

Deleted member 8987

JPSmit said:
grin.gif
I'm a sick man.

If no one has confirmed that today, allow me to be the first......"Yes, you are!"

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
TOC said:
JPSmit said:
grin.gif
I'm a sick man.

If no one has confirmed that today, allow me to be the first......"Yes, you are!"

That's what I love about these boards, HONESTY!!!

:thankyousign: :iagree: :banana:
grin.gif
:cheers: