• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Any TVR owners here?

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hi everyone!
I just joined this forum today and would like to hear from other TVR owners.

I own a TVR S2 1990 and live in Laval, Quebec near Montreal in Canada and TVR's are rare here compared to England where this marque is well known and respected.

You can see the history of TVR and also of the S series as well as pictures of my car if you look for my name on the left-hand side menu under owners on www.tvrsseries.com

This looks like a great forum and I look forward to meeting many of you.

Gilles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF
GillesetTVRJF.JPG

OP
tvrs2man

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hey Hayden,
Nice to see you have time to do something else besides prepare regalia shipments, lol
Have a great evening!
Gilles

JBsZ06

Jedi Hopeful
Not a TVR owner but certainly an avid fan!

Congrats on a stunning sports car!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
No TVR here, only Triumphs, but I wanted to say welcome aboard. Your S2 looks like a real beaut.

Cheers, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif
Walter
52 International L110
64 International Travelall Ambulance
66 Triumph Spitfire MkII
75 BMW 2002
79 Triumph Spitfire 1500

OP
tvrs2man

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hi JBS and Walter,
Thanks for the comments!

Walter, I used to have a 75 TR6 until July last year when I found the TVR.
You can see it in the background behind the TVR S2 on the attached picture.

I loved the TR6 for the feel of the car and the sound of it but the body needed a lot of work and I lost all the money I had invested on the interior of the car when I sold it.

The TVR which is fiberglas and more recent and easier to maintain is a better choice for a "non-mechanical" guy like me.

Gilles

Attachments

• 102105-tvrs2avatar.jpg
    102105-tvrs2avatar.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 155

William

Darth Vader
Lots of fans on this board, though! TVRs are even rarer in the States than Canada! IIRC, they stopped importing them with the S series in the early 90s. I've seen a few Tasmin series cars at races and shows, and one S, plus a few of the older, Griffith style cars. That car's a nice catch, Gilles!

-William

OP
tvrs2man

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hi William,
I was lucky to find it. Only 60,000 miles and in excellent condition with everything original.

People stop me to ask what it is or to comment on the incredible exhaust note that TVR's are famous for
Visit www.tvrbliss.co.uk and look at the videos to see and especially HEAR the sounds.

The S2 was actually owned by a Brit originally from Blackpool where the car was made. He had it for 4 years here in Montreal and didn't use it for last 2 yrs because of wife, dog, country home, etc.

He sold it to me at a cheaper price than he could get from a Mercedes dealer. He didn't know what would happen to the car if the dealer got it.

With me being part of the same English Car Club that he was, he knew the car would be pampered and shown at car shows and he wanted it to have a future and still see it from time to time or read about it in the Club's magazine.

I have now found other TVR owners in North America and can't wait to meet them all at the TVRCCNA 25th anniversary club reunion in New Jersey next October. Martin Lilley, who owned TVR a few years ago, will be flown in from UK as guest speaker for that special event.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Hello, and welcome from am MG owner. I love TVRs, a colleague/friend of mine in the UK had one, a Vixen or a Tuscan, forget which now. It's been a while! There is another TVR owner on the forum, he lives in Florida, been having computer problems for a while. Hopefully he'll pop up again soon.

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Hi Giles,
I drive an '85 280i. Found it in a carport here in Orlando with 6002 miles on it. Just love the car and drive it a lot. There are 3 other 280i owners locally. Got to go to work. will post another thread later.
Cheers
Rick Hansen
85 TVR 280i
78 MGB
Sold the 81 TR7

Dragnet

Freshman Member
Just picked up my first TVR on Saturday. Managed to find one of my dream cars in a 76 2500M. Needs a little work but all in all a good driver. Can't wait for the west coast Canadian weather to come along and let me drive the wheels off the thing!

OP
tvrs2man

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hey Dragnet,
Imagine me in Montreal with nice driving weather only coming back around mid to end of April!!

Enjoy your TVR my friend, it is a special treat.
If you want more information on the TVR community go to www.tvrna.com. Scroll down to find a lot of information for parts, etc. You will also see a link to the TVR Car Club North America. There are active members in your area which falls under Pacific Northwest. You can get 4-5 magazines a year and they meet officially at Woodwork in NJ in October of every year. I will attend for first time this year.
You can see pictures of our North American cars at this site: https://www.worldchat.com/~spitfire/utvrog.html and there is also a yahoo group for specific TVR questions. E-mail me directly if you want the details.

Gilles

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Gilles,

I don't blame you for trading in your TR6 for your S2. The TVR has a much greater drivability factor which has so many LBC lovers, switching over to Miatas, and the like. I think the TVR is a great modern LBC for those who don't want to be tinkering with their car all the time.

KerryStagmer

not exactly an owner, but i recently brokered the sale of FS-105 Jomar back to Alex Saidel! I think he now has around 5 of the Jomar cars personally and has several of the alloy cars rebodied!@

Dragnet

Freshman Member
Thanks for the kind words. I can't wait to get the car on the road. It came out of the states and I am hopefully completing a provincial inspection tomorrow and insuring it. I missed a beautiful day to drive today, 14 degrees Celsius and perfectly clear. Someone upstairs is teasing me!

rovernut

Jedi Trainee
Hi Giles.........No TVR here but also a big fan.......Have 3 in my car club.....A 2500M...2 280Is ......and in my other club i know of 2....one being a Griffith.....I drool over that one...........A TVR dealership used to be a couple of blocks from me in the 70's in Toronto
Great cars...........Of course they have to be ..........They use Rover motors.......

Bill Robertson

racing girl

Jedi Knight
Hello Giles,
Not an owner but have a good friend with a beautiful 2500M here in Michigan and we hang out a lot together. We have about 8 - 10 in the Detroit metro area, see them at shows from time to time.

Welcome to the forum.

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

OP
tvrs2man

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hey Racing Girl, I plan to be in Windsor on June 24 to 26 for "British Marques in the Park". The show is hosted by the Windsor-Detroit MG Club so I might see you there this summer. A long 1200 km ride for me but I was born in Windsor and have only been once because my parents moved to Montreal when I was 2 yrs old so I look forward to seeing my home town again.

Gilles

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hi Gilles:

Another non-owner, but big fan of these little cars, especially the modest little endurance racing effort that they have kept up over the years.
I live near the park in NJ used for the national "TVR Woodwork" event so I go almost every year (I missed last year due to a race the same day).
This link shows some recent Woodwork photos (I'm sure that you are familiar with this link, but others may not be). The Ford GT pictured (a replica, of course) belongs to a good friend of mine as does the red Mini. My Spridget is somewhere in there too.

LINK:
https://www.tvrna.com/ww23/ww23.html

In past Woodworks, I have seen a number of Canadian cars, including a right-hand drive car from Quebec.

The picture below on the right is Trevor Wilkinson (with me) at Woodwork around '97...I'm sure you know who he is (the guy with me in the left panel has nothing to do with TVRs. He's Jerry Coker...the designer of the big Healey).
Anyway, welcome!
mr_ah_mr_tvr.jpg

OP
tvrs2man

tvrs2man

Freshman Member
Hey Aeronca65T!
Thanks for the great pictures. You are indeed lucky to have met TreVorR who started the TVR company in 1949. I'm sure he never thought that it would become such a prestigious company in Europe who found a niche for itself in high performance hand-made cars that rival in the UK the Porsche, Ferraris, Maseratis of Europe with their unique look, sound and performance.

I am planning to attend, for the first time, Woodwork in NJ close to where you live.

Martin Lilley, who owned the company after Trevor as you surely know, will be brought from England as the guest speaker.

I hope to see you there, look for the Quebec license plate!
Gilles