• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from FL

Mocephus

Freshman Member
Evening Folks!!!! New member here, from Tampa Bay, FL. Proud owner of an '86 TVR 280i Series 2 and an '85 280i Series 1. Getting ready to do some conversions (which is actually how I stumbled across this site) and thought if anyone was interested, I would share the details. First off, I'm sticking with the original 2.8 V6. I know the 2.9/4.0/4.0 SOHC are direct swaps, but I don't feel like messing with too much for right now, so here's what I've come up with.

Swapping cylinder heads for better flow. Getting rid of mechanical F.I.
Swapping in a T5 tranny from a 2005 Mustang 4.0 V6.

As of right now, I've got a ton of info on the cylinder head issue. As for the tranny swap, I only have what I've found on this site, along with a few extra tips I've come across while searching around and also physically going to the yards and pulling parts.

Also, if anyone is local to this area, drop me a line. Would love to talk TVR with someone who actually knows what they are!!! :smile:

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome sir, I'm sure someone will help you out.

Grady

Country flag
Welcome, We are in much the same boat TVR-wise. Running 86 and a barn find 85. All type of conversion have been done and I wish they were written up. Grady

OP
M

Mocephus

Freshman Member
Thank you. What type of conversions have you done?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
What happened?? Where'd ya GO, Mocephus?!?

OP
M

Mocephus

Freshman Member
Still here!!! Moved recently, been really busy.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We're practically neighbors. I'm in th' slums of Brandon.

hottvr

Jedi Warrior
Hi Mocephus, Welcome to the forum. The TVR Southeast representative lives in Tampa. His name is Ted Smida. I have a couple of old numbers I hope work for you. I will PM you his numbers. Rick