• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Heh, heh!

Got it.

For those of you who've asked "what happened???", I bought the Etype this past Saturday. It's my first classic car purchase. I was nervous, nervous, nervous...but no longer.

He came down in price, to $23,000. Seems Christie's was interested in auctioning it up in Pebble Beach in August, but he'd have to pay a commission, so the ball turned out to be in my court.

Just got it appraised today.

Next to contact JC Taylor, and to get new plates...thinking of BYHDDRM.

Soon this car will be where it belongs...not cooped up in a garage, but on the Pacific Coast Highway up to Duke's on the Beach in Malibu, about an hour from my door.

Hello, sunsets...

cool.gif

Charles #677556

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by baldytheanimator:
Got it.

For those of you who've asked "what happened???", I bought the Etype this past Saturday. It's my first classic car purchase. I was nervous, nervous, nervous...but no longer.
<Snipped>
Soon this car will be where it belongs...not cooped up in a garage, but on the Pacific Coast Highway up to Duke's on the Beach in Malibu, about an hour from my door.

Hello, sunsets...
<hr></blockquote>

Baldy;
Well, congratulations.. I envy you driving up the PCH.. last I was on it was in '53 heading for Yokohama via Mare Island.. I was seven at the time ;-}

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Well well well! So you finally got your dream machine! Very cool! I think you are going to be happier with this one than you would have with that "other" one I looked at for you. Be sure to post some pics and also we expect a full report on your drive up the coast! What a great place to own a EType!

Congrats!
Basil
thumbsup.gif

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Hey Baldy
Congrats on the "E"
Pasadena is my old stomping ground and my Mum and sis are still there. I just installed a new aluminimum radiator in my 66 and my SU rebuild kits just arrived in the mail so I may soon feel
more confident about a trip up your direction. If you are down this way, it would be fun to hook up for a cruze. San Diego Jag Club is having it's concours on Aug 11 at Spanish landing by Lindberg field at San Diego Bay. I'll be in the Sierras that weekend so i can't make it myself, but you might enjoy it.
Good luck Scott

StevenA

Jedi Trainee
Cool Dude, Like PCH is my favorite place to Hang.
I love PCH for a drive (not on Sat morn or rush hours) but the drive is great...after you leave the valley north it is a little twisty. I am particularly glad to hear that you bought your auto for some fun and use...I don't like paper-weights. I have 4 MGs, an Austin, a Nash Metro, and a Jag...they are all driven. I think my new motto will be "No Paper-weights".

OP
B
Thanks, everyone, for all your well wishes. So far, the cat's just been out for some short evening jaunts. Once the insurance is in and the car is re-registered, it'll be hitting the highway...

thirsty.gif

J

Jagdreamer

That's very cool! Sounds like you got a great Jag there (envy). Be sure to post some pics ASAP so we can all see your new baby!

JD