• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

All American Breakfast

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Where have ya'll had the best All American Breakfast's?

My vote is Camellia Grill in New Orleans. Recently sold out to new owners but still make the best omelets around.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Beth's Cafe on Aurora Ave.
12 egg omelet all you can eat hash browns
The football players love it

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Wherever I pitch my wall tent for the living history camp. while the sun's coming over the trees, I get a little fire going and get the cast iron pan ready, cook the bacon-leave the grease, brown the potatoes, cook the peppers and onions, throw the bacon back in and pour a mess of scrambled eggs over it all. stir till it's all cooked nice, add some paprika, and fresh ground black pepper.
enjoy with some buttered toast cooked over the fire, and a big mug of cowboy coffee that's been perkin' off to the side in the enamelware pot.
All with a group of friends. Absolutely nothing better.

G

I've always seen a line there. Never ate. The Bluebird was supposed to be the best place in N.O and it was crap. Camellia and BB and the "hip places" to eat, but might not be the best. There was a DIVE in the warehouse dist that was awesome. You had to step over a few junkies but it was worth it. Can't rememeber the name.

As far as I was concerned when I lived there, any place that was open when I was drunk that had bacon, eggs and Tobasco was the best place to eat.

BB wasn't open that late.

G

Hey Bill, try Beach Corner at the end of Canal for burgers. They make Port Of Call look like McDonalds.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Basil said:
Chow Hall, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Great Falls, Montana, circa 1973.

Mine was at Nellis, mebbe a year before. Flightline cafeteria. There were "spacesuits" involved...

...and "photo-chase" in F-111's.

:jester:

OP
T

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
DrEntropy said:
Basil said:

Mine was at Nellis, mebbe a year before. Flightline cafeteria. There were "spacesuits" involved...

Ya'll remember <span style="font-weight: bold">SOS</span>, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">shirley</span> surely...

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
TR6BILL said:
Where have ya'll had the best All American Breakfast's?

My kitchen table.

I come from the land of The Full Fry , so I'll basically eat anything, anywhere and at any time.

But left to my own devices, I prefer to eat a late breakfast (after 10 AM) of plain oatmeal with a mug of tea (always with milk) at my own kitchen table.

Too much greasy, heavy stuff in the AM leaves me with less energy as the day progresses.
Since we just had no power for 6 days, we ate out a lot, and I was struck by how much I prefer "eating in" these days
(<span style="font-style: italic">and OK, maybe I just think the cook at home is better looking</span>).
grin.gif

Even the "healthy" salads in restaurants are slathered with high-sugar dressings these days.

V

vagt6

Freshly caught trout, pan fried in butter, lightly breaded, wash down with a cold beer.

All American/All World. :yesnod:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
TR6BILL said:
DrEntropy said:
Basil said:

Ya'll remember <span style="font-weight: bold">SOS</span>, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">shirley</span> surely...

Yep! Loved the stuff! Get off the swing-shift at midnight, head to the cow hall for a huge multi-egg ham, cheese, onion, and bell pepper omelet made with ample dollops of bacon grease; SOS on wheat toast (and on the eggs); crisp bacon; buttermilk stacks washed down with lashings of strong coffee and orange juice! That was living!

Coffee .

m

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I'm all about the late breakfast, have to be up for at least 2-3 hours. Bacon crisp, eggs medium well, home fries (and of course cooked with onions), whole wheat toast almost burned and of course coffee. All at home

If out, LaPeep's, and the Spinnacker which is scrambled egg whites with cream cheese, bacon, mushrooms and spinach served with a whole wheat English muffin and fruit (No Pineapple) and coffee.

If the truth be known breakfast is my favorite meal and can have it at anytime during the day.

G

X2 on crisp bacon. Just ddep fried some bacon and eggs in 1/2" of bacon grease.

I think I need a nap now.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Had an excellent omelot at the Del Ray Cafe in Winchester,Oregon,
just North of Roseburg.
One other was having breakfast with my Wife at Seneca Lodge,in
Watkins Glen.We just missed the morning rush,& had the whole place to
ourselves.The scenery looking out the window was well worth it.

- Doug

J

John Morrison

Basil:
Last Time I ate there was 1970.
I Remember eating there once after an all-nighter.
Didn't know I ate LIVER until I read the menu on the way out.
1967 thru 1970 29th FIS then 71st FIS.
Were you a SAC weenie?

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I want to know the answer to that question!!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
John Morrison said:
Basil:
Last Time I ate there was 1970.
I Remember eating there once after an all-nighter.
Didn't know I ate LIVER until I read the menu on the way out.
1967 thru 1970 29th FIS then 71st FIS.
Were you a SAC weenie?

I was a weenie to be sure, just not a SAC weenie. I was maintenance on the NORAD SAGE Computer system (24th Air Defense Region)