• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Episcopalians in town..........

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
We had the new young Episcopalian priest and his wife over to share our gumbo with. Nice young couple, his first assignment. They are both PhD's, that makes their education combined more that 3/4 of all of our little burg.
They had had gumbo served to them by all of their parishioners (all 5 of them) and they said that mine was by far the best they had ever had. And we all know that Episcopal priests don't lie. Talk your ear off, <span style="font-weight: bold">very</span> well educated young man, and his young wife. Interestingly, his young wife was not Episcopalian but an offshoot of the Mennonites. I love the description of her family's lifestyle: plain

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Quite a few Mennonites around here. Very nice and friendly people. The womens cooking is out of this world! PJ

V

vagt6

I don't think I've ever met an Episcopal priest I didn't admire. Support for the downtrodden is always top of their list. All good.

There's nothing not to like about the Mennonites, IMHO. We have lots of 'em here, with Eastern Mennonite University just over the hill in the Shenandoah Valley. Many migrated here in the 18th & 19th century and stayed put. They were farmers and masons back then, and many still are.

My wife has worked with some of the EMU professors, she says they're literal salt o' the earth types. And, their reputation as good neighbors is well-known to all here.

Sounds like you're in fine company up there, Bill. You're a lucky man.:yesnod:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Where're they from, Bill?

OP
T

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Father Cal (actually will be ordained next month) is from North Carolina, and his wife, Denise, is from a small town in Ohio.

Super, super nice people. Kinda like you, Father Mickey.

I haven't talked with someone (both of them) this well educated in versed in "stuff" in a long time. A breath of fresh air.

Almost makes me want to be become an Episcopalian. That, instead of an agnostic.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
:blush:

G

TR6BILL said:
his young wife was not Episcopalian but an offshoot of the Mennonites.

The way I had it explained to me, when a Mennonite and a Womannonite really like each other...

G

This reminds me of a grade school English test.

" The main topic of this paragraph is:

A. Bill lives in a small town.

B. Clergy are well educated.

C. Mennonite women can marry outside thier faith.

D. Episcopals don't believe it's a sin to serve chicken and sausage with seafood.

E. Episcopals are more polite than honest. :jester:

( Just pullin' yer leg bro. I'm sure it was wonderful) :thumbsup: