• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

30 days, no TV just radio

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
kellysguy said:
Day two I think, maybe three. I don't remember.

Praytell, how in the world are you gonna survive without the Fox and her two Friends??

OP
A

aerog

I've been on the road for a week. Haven't bothered to put a TV on until last night and watched Mythbusters for an hour before bed.

Try going to South America for two months where you don't speak the language and half the programming is political speeches on all two channels.

Not a big deal, really.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
70herald said:
I haven't owned a TV for 15 years or so.... Don't think I missed to much.

Since they stop playing re-runs of Gilligan's Island, what else matters? :jester:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Actually, I miss Dobie Gillis more. :smirk:

OP
A

aerog

Since digital started a few local stations have started turning into rerun channels. I don't get any of them but...one day Gilligan will be back!

Most of my TV watching is the local news (which is why I haven't had the TV on while I'm on the road much), then a handful of "cable" channels. At home lately I've been more apt to watch rented blu-rays - I don't think that really counts :smile:

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
If you ever watch TV again, ABC has a new show called Pan Am that is okay, but they are in the early 1960's traveling to London, Paris, and Berlin and the cars are great. Lots of LBC's show up, and some rarer models too.

Otherwise I watch local news and sports (and my one addiction, the Amazing Race to see some sites I will never get to otherwise). If I am bored I will watch American Pickers or Pawn Stars.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
:thumbsup:

x2 on Dave's recommendation. PanAm is a fun show: last night (story set in West Berlin) there was one TR3A, several 1950s Mercedes-Benz pontons, a Trabant, a 1961 Lincoln Continental, and at least two VW bugs.

Last night's episode included:

- JFK's visit to West Berlin
- an East German defector
- a French survivor of the Nazi takeover (who actually manages to sing Das Lied Der Deutschen in the American Embassy, which was formerly the HQ of the Third Reich's Luftwaffe)
- and scenes inside the PanAm clipper where even tourist class passengers had wide seats, great meals ... and no fuel or baggage surcharges!

Tom

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Actually, I miss Dobie Gillis more. :smirk:

OK, in the spirit of <span style="font-style: italic"> Gilligan's Island </span> : Thalia or Zelda? :smile:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Haven't followed a TV show since about mid run in the X-Files (say, 12 years ago or so). I watch the occasional movie or auto race, and do a bit of online sim-racing with some friends but otherwise don't turn the things on (wife is a big TV watcher). Before I was married I had been without a TV for a few years.

I've never missed it. Plenty of news sources on the old Interwebs.

OP
G

The wife told my mother we're on a TV fast. I explained it's only a fast when you give up something you like. :wink: