• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Yellow bulbs

Country flag
Any one have any idea where to get yellow bulbs for the badge bar mounted fog lights? I've even tried painting them with heat resistant craft paint but it turned brown on top.
TH

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:savewave:

You mean those Long Range Driving lamps---????---Keoke-- :laugh:

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Actually, if I recall correctly they never really made yellow bulbs for these because Lucas made these with yellow lenses. You will see them from time to time on ebay, rarely.

They have one BPF bulb in yellow, but it's dual filament:

https://www.holden.co.uk/displayProduct.asp?pCode=LLB409

You might also try giving Tim Hodgkiss a call, he has the best bulb selection that I am aware of. he might have it in his racks somewhere.

https://www.vintagemotorspares.com/

mrdibbles

I'd recommend using this paint by Krylon. I used it on a M151-series "Jeep" and the results were <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> impressive. The US Military in Europe would run yellow headlights, to meet local country highway regulations, and I've always liked they way they look.

Link below to my post on the topic on another vehicle forum:

https://www.g838.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5678&p=46627&hilit=yellow+headlights#p46627

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
I called Krylon today and they said it would be good to 120 degrees. Anyone have an Idea what the temperature of a "fog" light might get to? I assume that while moving temps would be okay. I didn't see it addressed on the Jeep sight but I may have missed something.

mrdibbles

Good question. I would think that a fog light could exceed 120 degrees but I could be wrong. There's another brand of paint that's often used for automotive lights and that paint is shown below. I couldn't find it's temperature rating online however:

capture17-31.png

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
The lens would probably be right around 120F, the bulb will be >> 120F. I guess you could turn them on and see if you can measure the lens temperature (how long it takes to burn your finger?). With the coating on them the temperature will be higher as it will absorb the non-yellow light as heat.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
Sure hope I don't have to read those instructions. It does say yellow fog on it so perhaps that would be the way to go if I could figure out where it's sold in the states. I love how they say "Made in Japan" in English while almost everything else is in Japanese. I'll try an internet search. Thanks.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
:lol:

Yeah John how about that.---Keoke

Add to Watch list
7" YELLOW RALLY FOG HEADLIGHTS SEMI SEALED BEAM HALOGEN HEADLAMP H4 LIGHTS BULBS

Enlarge

Sell one like this

7" YELLOW RALLY FOG HEADLIGHTS SEMI SEALED BEAM HALOGEN HEADLAMP H4 LIGHTS BULBS
Item condition: New
Compatibility: See compatible vehicles
Quantity:
More than 10 available
Price: US $44.9

John sometimes when you copy a URL and then paste it it gets altered some how. Go to Rogers original and the listing is still good.--Regards Keoke

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I still get the listing on E Bay if I use Rogers reference????But it may be going back to his Photo Bucket file

Photobucket :savewave:

THESE ARE 7" ROUND
YELLOW CRYSTAL CLEAR SEMI-SEALED BEAM GLASS FACED HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS!!

THIS LISTING IS FOR A NEW PAIR (2 bulbs) OF 7" 12 VOLT HIGH/LOW BEAM YELLOW CRYSTAL CLEAR SEMI SEALED BEAM HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS, INCLUDES CLEAR BULBS (60/55W). THESE ARE GLASS FACED HEADLIGHTS. THESE HEADLIGHTS HAVE A DOMED CLEAR GLASS FACE UNLIKE ALL ALL THE OTHERS ON THE MARKET THAT HAVE A FLAT PLASTIC FACE. THESE LIGHT UP 30% BRIGHTER AND LIGHT UP A LITTLE MORE WHITE THEN THE STANDARD STOCK STYLE INCANDESCENT HEADLIGHT BULBS. THESE HAVE THE ORIGINAL 3 PRONG PLUG DESIGN ON THE BACK SO THEY WILL PLUG RIGHT INTO THE ORIGINAL WIRING HARNESS (NO WIRING MODIFICATION NEEDED). THESE WILL FIT ANY CAR OR TRUCK THAT HAS 2 ROUND GLASS HEADLIGHTS THAT ARE 7 INCHES IN DIAMETER. THESE ARE GLASS AND WE WILL TAKE EXTRA CAR IN PACKAGING. SAE & DOT APPROVED.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION