• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'll probabaly regret this.

G

But I sent an email to the HR guy saying I'd come in and help them get everything ready for the rest of the season.

While the personal side of me says screw 'em, the professional in me says don't leave them in a bind.

Not looking to go back, just leaving them better off.

GaryBeu

Banned
Well...that's the way a real man thinks. You're doing the right thing IMHO. Good on ya. You'll sleep at night and have no problem looking in the mirror.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
GaryBeu said:
Well...that's the way a real man thinks. You're doing the right thing IMHO. Good on ya. You'll sleep at night and have no problem looking in the mirror.

Oh trust me, he'll always have a problem looking in the mirror. :devilgrin:

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I agree that you are doing the right thing, but I predict that it won't go well. I hope I'm wrong.

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I had to find your other post to figure out what you were talking about, but I don't see that you owe those guys anything.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...but posting it here may not be in th' best interest of "kellysguy".

....jus'sayin'

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Billy,

More power to you!Why do some of us try & do the "right thing"?

- Doug

OP
G

Thanks Doc, I'm not worried about it. Yeah Ben, either it'll be great or terrible.....but only for a few seconds. :wink:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
billspit said:
DrEntropy said:
...but posting it here may not be in th' best interest of "kellysguy".

....jus'sayin'

Are you talking to me? Or referring to his post where he bared it all?

To kellysguy Billy. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I lost out to "outsourcing" as IS manager at the big law firm a few years ago. They hired 3 consultants to replace me. Still couldn't get it done so I went back as contractor to finish up a major project. Didn't last too long though as they did not like the rates. Best of luck to you but be sure you charge enough to make it worth you time. You don't owe them anything.

OP
G

I know I don't owe them. It's just this guy runs cars that might be unsafe.

When I told him the wallowed out hole for the control arm bolt would cause the new bolt to loosen up he replied, "I can live with that."

Uhhhh....no, you might not....

He has several events planned for the next three months. Only a few days b/w each. He pushes at the last second to get things ready.

"It makes it more exiciting!" :rolleyes:( for him maybe)

Yeah, I'm still sore at him, but I don't want to see him get hurt.

OP
G

Heard back from them. Boss says thanks but no thanks. Says they can handle it on their own, too bad things didn't work out, etc... They think they tried hard to make things work, blah blah blah. Then he went into how he did at the event.

One thing I know for sure. I didn't ~try~ anything, I did my best...period!

It's either that, or I don't show up.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Billy,

DON'T feel guilty - you tried to do the right thing,
and they told you NO.
It's not your problem anymore.If I'm ever in the same
type of situation,I hope that i'll hold true to my morals,as you have.

- Doug

OP
G

I don't feel guilty. I feel worried. I know he'll run that car without it being 100% correct. That's one of the reasons I had to leave. he can wack all the walls he wants but not on my watch.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
It's not your watch anymore. You tried more than hard enough, he wouldn't listen.

"They" say the hardest part to get a message through is the last 2 inches from ear to brain.

GaryBeu

Banned
kellysguy...you did your best and it's great that you care this much. You are now no longer responsible AT ALL.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I agree. You did your best and even tried to go beyond. Just move on and no let it worry you any more.