• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Looking for an Austin Healey for a Special Event

BrucefromTexas

Freshman Member
Hello,
My name is Bruce Block and my siblings and I are looking for an Austin Healey to display at our parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary this December. That is the car that our Dad drove when he met our Mom 50 years ago in Layfayette, Indiana. We are located outside of Beaumont, Texas. I am just taking a long shot to "try" to see if there is a chance someone in the area may have one, and may also be interested in sharing it for display purposes to some folks that will truly admire it. If you are, or know someone who is, an owner of a 1950-1961, or any year for that manner, please private message me. If it is Healey Blue as well, well then this is just meant to be! But again, any color, year, or condition would be wonderful. Thank you ever so much!

Bruce

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Bruce,

I hope someone here can help you out. Your request brought back a similar event that happened to me.

I owned a `66TR4A & was parked in front of a convenience store. Out comes a young couple admiring my car & we got chatting. He was from England & they were getting married in 2 months. They asked if I would have an interest in "Renting" them my "TR4A" for their Wedding Day. They made me an incredible offer but I declined. I don`t know how the Bride would have fit into the car with a Wedding Dress on anyway?????

Anyways,

"GOOD LUCK",

Russ

OP
B

BrucefromTexas

Freshman Member
Hey Everyone.... We have still not had any luck yet. I am really hoping to get in contact with an Austin Healey owner from Texas or Louisiana that may be interested in discussing attending our special event. Please call me... 409 656 9295. Thanks... Bruce

OP
B

BrucefromTexas

Freshman Member
HEY EVERYONE!!! GREAT NEWS!!!! I am happy to announce we have a very gracious member of the GCHC Mr Bill Elliot of Houston who will be attending our parent's event! Thank you everyone for your help! Thank You Terry Swonke! Thank you Basil! and THANK YOU Mr Elliot!

I will post some pictures after the event!

-Bruce

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Excellent!