• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Does anyone remember

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
a post of mine some time ago where a length of steel had fallen off a truck ahead my company's truck, and it came through the windshield and buried itself in the drivers seat back?

Well, the same driver left our shop the other day and just a few blocks up the street someone fired a load of 00 buckshot through the passenger's side of the cab breaking both side windows, trapping four shot in the B post, killing the rear view mirror, and leaving three holes through the windshield. The shot, because it was fired from an slight rear angle and not at a 90 into the truck, missed the driver, but not by much. He was bloodied on the face and arm from the broken glass and scared s***less, but otherwise unhurt. Total of nine holes in the truck and the holes in the B post were large enough that I could put my pinkie finger into them.

Our city is generally considered to be safe even though there are sections that one does not want to venture into after the sun goes down. However, this shooting occurred on the main drag in the middle of the afternoon, so I have to wonder exactly how safe it is.

Police speculate that this shooting may be part of a gang initiation, but otherwise have not a clue.

You never know where what may be coming.

What Doc say's about situational awareness always applies, but how does one watch for an ambush like this. And what is this world coming to?

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
How sad.... just glad the driver was not badly hurt.
Hope they catch the little .....(sorry, I can't use the adjective I want).
If it were me I'd want 5 mins alone with the guy to get his side of the story :wink: :wink: :wink: :hammer:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I think that driver needs a desk job!!

For double-ought to go thru a windshield, it'd have to have been fired relatively close to the truck! How big was the "scatter pattern" at the entry point? That'd tell roughly how far the shooter was from the vehicle. The drive was likely so routine the driver has NO idea what/who was around him. But someone swinging a shotgun around and fire at a moving vehicle should have been noticed by <span style="font-style: italic">somebody</span>. Scary stuff, fer sure.

This random idiocy will likely increase before it gets better. If you were closer to the Boeing facilities I'd say it was less 'random'.

OP
bgbassplyr

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Pattern at entry was approximately 8", Doc.

He was in the curb lane approaching a Bo Jangles biscuit joint.

Nobody saw anything..........they say.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Jim,

I hope that never accept a ride from that guy.

- Doug

OP
bgbassplyr

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Doug, I'm not sure that I would even follow him, much less ride in the same conveyance.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:iagree:

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Such horrible happenings. It really pisses me off. I'll bet that doesn't get by the 'censor.' What is this world coming to. Geez I sound like an old fogey or just maybe somebody who still cares about morality/civility. It questions being polically correct and good jobbing the younguns. Crap!

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
not to hijack the post but my sons fiance's father was hit by a guy who was depressed and decided to kill himself 2 weeks ago doing 90kph and crossed 4 lanes of traffic to hit him. Lucky he was in a dump truck loaded with 37 tons of gravel when he was hit, it took out the trucks steering,ruptured the fuel tank and filled the cab with diesel and the truck went over the front of the car and crossed into the other lanes. just lucky no one was in the lanes.