• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First I've seen

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Of this model.
Didn't have a tag so I guess was trailered. Is it streetable. Can't see why not

2011-09-03115957.jpg

And this is just down right purdy

2011-09-03115123.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Not legal in the US?I saw a couple of Elise (Elises?)at that meet
back when they first came out.At least one had Oregon plates on it.Not
sure how the owner did it.

- Doug

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
HEY, LotusPosition! Do we know that yellow Elan?!?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
LotusPosition said:
Don't think so, that is an S4 judging by the fenders.

JK's old car is up in the Massachusetts area, in pieces (again). :rolleyes:

Ahh. I was so blinded by the color and no window frames I didn't notice flares and bootlid.

:shocked:

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Saw one at the Lehigh Valley show many years ago.

Alphonse

Jedi Trainee
The 2-11 was sold in the U.S. in limited numbers, (34 total the first year, 2008), and as such they would have had to crash more than they were planning on selling to meet homolgation requirements. The car is sold in the U.S. as track only and owners have to sign affidavits stating the car will not be run on the street.
The U.S. spec cars have no front lights, horns, and are set up with a track suspension which is something you would not want to drive on the street, believe me on that one.
The 2-11 is based on the Elise/Exige model but uses the older S1 frame as it is stiffer and has higher side rails. The car initially was introduced with a supercharged Toyota 2ZZ motor but later came out with a base, non-supercharged version. 2011 is the last year for purchase of the 2-11.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Alphonse said:
The U.S. spec cars have no front lights, horns, ....
Must have been Canadian

Alphonse said:
... and are set up with a track suspension which is something you would not want to drive on the street, believe me on that one.

My Cortina was like that. Dad said it was like riding in a buck board wagon.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Don,your photo is not of a 2-11, it's a 340R. Not the same thing. Sure, it's based on the original 111 chassis, but it didn't have a Toyota engine and it was reasonably road-civilised.