• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member.. Thought I would introduce myself.

Mark66XKE

Freshman Member
Hey everyone.. I am a new member here, and thought I would say
savewave.gif
!! I own a 1966 E-Type XKE 2+2 with just over 11,000 original miles (still on the original tires). My daily driver is a 1992 Corvette
smile.gif
.. Hope this is a fun community! Thanks for letting me know about it Basil!

The Jag:
jagetype.jpg

And the Vette:
front.jpg

cheers.gif

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark66XKE:
Hey everyone.. I am a new member here, and thought I would say
savewave.gif
!! I own a 1966 E-Type XKE 2+2 with just over 11,000 original miles (still on the original tires). My daily driver is a 1992 Corvette
smile.gif
.. Hope this is a fun community! Thanks for letting me know about it Basil!

<hr></blockquote>

Welcome to my humble forum. Its nowhere near the level of activity of that "other" forum
wink.gif
but were growing fast so stick around and it will only get better here...You have a great car!

Basil

davidtinker

Hi Mark,
You have a valuable car there but not just in terms of money rather its value to fellow members for details of originality as it must be pretty well as it left the factory. Are you registered on the E Type list?

Rgds

David

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by davidtinker:
Hi Mark,
You have a valuable car there but not just in terms of money rather its value to fellow members for details of originality as it must be pretty well as it left the factory. Are you registered on the E Type list?

Rgds

David
<hr></blockquote>

As long as the subject of "the lists"
wink.gif
has come up, I wish more folks from the lists would come here and give the BC forum a try.

I have belonged to several "email" lists for years, but after playing around on
Corvette Forum I felt the forum method of communicating was better and far more flexible. When I realized there was no "Corvette Forum" for British cars, I decided to start this one.

My big problem has been getting people to give this forum a fair chance. I don't advertise my forum on the lists (wouldn't be Koshier) so getting folks here to try the forum has been difficult...the lists have been around a lot longer than my forum and its hard to get people to try something new when they are comfortable with what they're doing now.

I don't mean to take anything away from the lists...they are great and have been around a long time, but at the same time, I sure hope you will stick around here too and help us make this the great forum I know it can (and will) be!

Cheers,
Basil

OP
M

Mark66XKE

Freshman Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aeronca65t:
Wow! what a nice Jag (but be careful on those old tires!). You should try to bring it to Britfest 2002 (sponsored by Moss) on May 4, 2002 Horseshoe Lake Park, Succassunna, NJ. Probably be big hit!<hr></blockquote>

Thanks guys.. I am not on the E-Type list.. Got a URL?? It definatly is a valuble car, and I do mean that much more in terms of uniqueness and how much I love it, then money wise.. As for the tires, I am very careful on them.. the car is only driven about 100 miles per year, and I had a good friend of the family who does a lot of tire work check them out.. said they looked like they were in GREAT shape for their age. I would love to bring it to Britfest, but unfortunatly, since I do not yet have a garage, it is in my dads garage back in Minnesota (I am a grad student here in NJ..). But as soon as I get a house with a garage (which actualy might happen within a year), I am going to get is shipped out.
cheers.gif

-Mark

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
OK Mark, you're off the hook......I guess we can't really expect you to drive that Jag all the way from Minnesota to NJ....but it *would* make a great "Peter Egan" (R&T) story.
Anyway, Britfest is only about 35 miles from you.....hop on your bicycle (or whatever grad students drive nowadays) and try to make it up there. You won't be sorry.(and same to the rest of you in the NE USA)
grin.gif

Basil

Administrator
Boss
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mark66XKE:

Thanks guys.. I am not on the E-Type list.. Got a URL??
<hr></blockquote>

Ok Mark, I'll give you the URL, but you have to promise that you won't disappear
grin.gif
We need guys like you here! The email lists for Jags (ETypes and others) can be found at: Jag Lovers

Its a great resource...if you join, tell them you heard about the list from this really great forum
rolleyes.gif

Basil

OP
M

Mark66XKE

Freshman Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Basil:

Ok Mark, I'll give you the URL, but you have to promise that you won't disappear
grin.gif
We need guys like you here! The email lists for Jags (ETypes and others) can be found at: Jag Lovers

Its a great resource...if you join, tell them you heard about the list from this really great forum
rolleyes.gif

Basil
<hr></blockquote>

Haha.. will do Basil!
smile.gif
Just love to hear talks about cars in general.. yet another car list to subscribe to!!
cheers.gif

aeronca65t.. I will definatly try to make it to some of britfest, but I just found out my niece is having her first communion that day (my brother and family live in Martinsville NJ..) What time does the car show start?? I'll just have to get to Martinsville by 2:00. Oh, and I got a ride at school.. that other red car you see in my message!
tongue.gif

-Mark

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Britfest, May 4
Rain or Shine
9:00 am to 3:00pm
HorseShoe Lake Park
Eyland Ave.
Succasunna, NJ

Don't feel bad if you can't get there in a real Brit car.....I'll be driving the Miata to it if this MG isn't together.

Also, I think there's a sports car event in Morristown, NJ (Lewis Morris Park), the next day.

OP
M

Mark66XKE

Freshman Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aeronca65t:
Britfest, May 4
Rain or Shine
9:00 am to 3:00pm
HorseShoe Lake Park
Eyland Ave.
Succasunna, NJ

Don't feel bad if you can't get there in a real Brit car.....I'll be driving the Miata to it if this MG isn't together.

Also, I think there's a sports car event in Morristown, NJ (Lewis Morris Park), the next day.
<hr></blockquote>

Well, unfortunatly I didnt make it.. Grad school got the best of me, and I was holed up doing some really annoying work. Check out thePoster I did if you are interested..
wink.gif
Are there any other upcoming events?

-Mark

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, I understand the pressure of education *this* week. My oldest finished her Masters thesis this weekend and I'm finishing up classes for the semester (I give finals next week).

I assume the poster was part of a project that involved analysis of soil mechanics using FEA (or was it a study of composites...but using soils as a medium?).

Anyway, for a brief review of Britfest 2002, go to the "MG" part of this site and look at "on the road again".

For upcoming events (including something in Princeton), try these:

https://www.mgcars.org.uk/namgar/events.htm

https://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html

https://www.austin-healey-stc.org/cevents.htm

OP
M

Mark66XKE

Freshman Member
I assume the poster was part of a project that involved analysis of soil mechanics using FEA (or was it a study of composites...but using soils as a medium?).
[/URL]

https://www.mgcars.org.uk/clubs/deutsch.html

https://www.austin-healey-stc.org/cevents.htm
<hr></blockquote>

Actualy, it was a bit of both!
smile.gif
The problem in question is a dam which my advisor and I are doing a risk assessment on. I am actualy studying random media, and random field analysis, so this was a project to come up with a method for generating random geometries (in this case the shale inclusions) in such a way that the realizations make sense (aka- the random inclusions make sense geologicaly). It is a question that has been struggled with for quite some time, but I think we are making headway.
thirsty.gif
Ahhh.. thats better!!
wink.gif

-Mark