• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

XK150 Q & A

Mikee

Freshman Member
I have an XK150 DHC that I am in the process of rebuilding. Bot the car in boxes (18), and have been slowly re-assembling it. Lot's of looking at pictures and talking with others about what goes where.

Does anyone know where on the frame is the frame number? Someone told me it is stamped on the frame near the left front wheel. Since I had the car undercoated, need more specific directions before i chip off too much paint.
mike@korenstein.com

Charles #677556

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mikee:
Does anyone know where on the frame is the frame number? Someone told me it is stamped on the frame near the left front wheel. Since I had the car undercoated, need more specific directions before i chip off too much paint.<hr></blockquote>

Mike;
According to Phillip Proter's "Original XK" (Version II) "For 140's and 150's the chassis number is stamped on the LH main chassis member (adjacent to the rear engine mounting) and on top of the front cross-member"
These stamped numbers are generally very difficult to read, once found, as the frame metal is very soft and "gave" during the "striking" process of stamping the numbers.. My 120 has three sets of stamped numbers and most are illegible.
You should have the Aluminium "Commission Plate" that was originally fitted to the firewall.. this has the Chassis, Body, Engine and Gearbox numbers stamped on it..