• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from Toronto, Canada

Viper

Freshman Member
A quick hello from the great white north! Actually the soggy north lately. I have had a few British cars over the years and currently have a 1987 Marcos Mantula that came from England to Calfornia in March of 2010, and then to me here in Toronto in September of last year. 3.9l Rover engine. Have some small things to work on this year but overall in very good condition. Ron.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Welcome, Ron!

Pictures, please!

:cheers:
Mickey

OP
V

Viper

Freshman Member
Here are a couple shots:

oct302010007.jpg

oct302010013.jpg

oct302010012.jpg

And one with one of my other cars:

oct302010006mod.jpg

Ron

OP
V

Viper

Freshman Member
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]I happen to like the more obscure, "interestingly designed" British cars [/QUOTE]

Me too. All of my cars fit that description.

First saw a Marcos around 15 years ago in a guy's shop that I bought a 1980 Mini from. It needed restoration but I found the car fascinating. Have been casually looking for one since then but not too many make it to North America. When I saw this one I had to have it!

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
Very nice indeed.... welcome.

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
Very cool! I have had one of those on my "lust list" for a number of years now. They do not come up for sale very often in the US. I almost considered importing one from the UK.

OP
V

Viper

Freshman Member
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]They do not come up for sale very often in the US [/QUOTE]

Even less often in Canada!

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There Viper,

"WELCOME" to "THEE" best LBC site anywhere on the globe or off the globe.

Needless to say; "GREAT" looking "TOYS" you have there!! I`ve never sat, driven or done anything in a Marcos but sure would like to at least sit in one. If & When I should visit you in the "Great Wet North"; Would it be OK to at least sit in your Marcos? Do they, Did they make the Marcos in a Rdstr. version?

Have Fun Here,

Russ

OP
V

Viper

Freshman Member
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]If & When I should visit you in the "Great Wet North"; Would it be OK to at least sit in your Marcos? [/QUOTE]

Sure, come on up. Summer is supposed to arrive Tuesday: they say it will be 102 degrees with the humidity!!

They did make Spyder (convertible) versions of Marcos, but I prefer the looks of hard top vehicles. Ron.

Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the Forum! :savewave:

Larry