• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Faces to Names

Gary_D

Faces to Names

The weather wasn't the greatest, but I fired Little Red up early on Friday morning and headed to the Jefferson 500 at Summit Point Raceway in WV.I spent a little time with Michael Oritt whom I meet the week before at Brits on The Green. Tracked down Nial #909 and spent time talking with him and thanked him for all the advice and help he has offered me here in the forum. Then I found Hap putting the final touches on the engine he and the crew installed in a great looking B. I felt like a first grader with a college prof. Guys, if you ever get a chance to check out one of Hap's engines, do it! That race engine went from an idle of 3500 rpm to 8 grand in a bat of an eye. So sweet! My only regret was that I could not spend the entire weekend there, but it was great to put faces to names to some very freindly and knowledgeable forum members. Let us know how your guys did this weekend. Thanks again. Gary

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Re: Faces to Names

Gary:

Great to meet you too! (and Hap and a bunch of other "regulars" including Michael and Jeff).

I had a great time and wished there was more social time. My car ran well but had lots of teething problems that kept me occupied.

By the way, Michael's Elva blew a diff at the Thursday practice day. I killed my diff on the last race on Sunday (I'm swapping it right now).

OK, back to work....racing at NH next weekend! :thumbsup:

(I'll post race videos and photos later)
grin.gif