• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Royal wedding

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Anyone else up? Good morning all! If nothing else the cars are pretty cool.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
JP - I turned on the 6am ABC news this morning and found the wedding just starting. Good stuff. Really interesting to see the ancient building, the ancient vestments, the modern faces and modern clothes, hear the music old and new, see the smiles and tears, etc.

And great to hear Jerusalem again.

I wish them all - them ALL - the best.

Tom

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yup. Saw the walk down the isle here, too.

sorry- i just can not seem to get excited over this. Now if Charlie Sheen were marrying Lindsay Lohan.....

m

V

vagt6

My wife arose at 4am to watch the ceremony on TV. I got up at about 6 and ate breakfast while watching. Really a wonderful spectacle.

This wedding shendig and it's trappings (the cost of which will be repaid many times over in tourist dollars) is an entirely good thing for the Brits. Many over there are having hard times nowadays due to the recession, this ancient ceremony serves as a symbol of hope, continuity and happiness to the people of the Commonwealth.

And holy cow, what a lovely and satuesque Princess bride Kate made (and, William looks <span style="font-style: italic">just like </span>his mother, I think).

The impact they may have on the English people is enormous, like it or not. I think they're up to it, time will tell.

A huge inflow of tourist dollars. A beautiful, public wedding for the future King. Throngs of happy, cheering English in the streets: what more could one ask? :yesnod:

All good. :yesnod:

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
SilentUnicorn said:
sorry- i just can not seem to get excited over this. Now if Charlie Sheen were marrying Lindsay Lohan.....

m

LOL. We *must* be related. :jester:

<span style="font-style: italic">but for what it's worth, the two young people seem like a nice pair....good luck to them!</span>

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I must confess... That the photographer in me wishes I was there, just to be in the crowd - photos would have been amazing!, it would have been an incredible experience, they said half a million people...

I was once in a crowd of what I was told was 800,000 people in Toronto when Pope John Paul was in Toronto back in 2002, now that was an incredible experience just to be in the crowd even though I was nowhere even close to the main stage (they had screens up all over the lawn)

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
aeronca65t said:
I just caught a view of it; old school DB6 Volante. I'm guessing the "L" plates are a joke.
That would be the marriage learner's permit I believe. :smile:

Very neat car, given to Prince Charles for his 21st birthday -- neat that he still has it. The only part of the whole wedding extravaganza I saw.

T

TRDejaVu

SilentUnicorn said:

m
Disclosure: I am not a Royalist, but I also have nothing against the main Royals, just the hangers on.

I have never understood the need for people to get excited about so called celebrities. Especially, if they are of no talent (see above) or worse they have been manufactured (the Jersey Shore idiots). Admire someone with talent or who does good work, otherwise WHO CARES.

How a university can pay Snooki, or whatever the bint's name is, $35,000 to give a motivational speech is beyond me. It is a sad statement on modern society.

Rant over; continue normal service.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Wet blanket here. Totally not interested.
:nopity:

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Vin du angleterre :pukeface: Great car, hope it does not rust the internals.
Paul

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
The picture that will stick with me is of William's Godchild and bridesmaid holding her ears and making a face just at the moment of "the kiss" She was reacting to the noise of the flyover but it looked like a child's statement to the whole "kiss" thing.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I just thought it was nice to see a major news event about something positive. Neat article about Prince Charles' Aston. He's actually quite a fascinating person.