• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

found in glovebox

mgbmedic

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I found a dashplate in my basket case tr3b that reads, Indy outy 1st place.
Date on the plate says 1963. Any old timers out there remember this event?

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
I was only 3 years old but I remember it well.........lol'

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I never received an invitation to the "Indy outy" but to earn the distinction of 1st place I wonder if you even need a car.

In my glove box I found a matchbook from the Rocket Motel in Custer, SD, a Phillips 66 oil change sticker from 10/74, and a Phillips 66 receipt for 9.4 gallons @ $6.05 on 10/78. I wonder if that was it's last tank full.

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
I found this while cleaning out the floorboard trash of the 250

IMG00097-20100718-1333.jpg

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
I found the original tax disc from July 1961 in my glove box, and a pair of orchestra ticket stubs from 1970 in the ashtray.

V

vagt6

After taking apart the driver's side door on my GT6 to fix the window winding gears, I found a "roach" (e.g., a mostly smoked marijuana joint) inside the bottom of the door! It was VERY old, probably decades old.

Uh-oh! :blush:

Good thing thing I never encounted cops with drug-sniffing dogs!

OP
mgbmedic

mgbmedic

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Omg. That is so funny. I do remember finding tokens to a peep show in Kansas City inside the glovebox of an mgb.

Country flag
GBRandy said:
mgbmedic said:
I do remember finding tokens to a peep show in Kansas City inside the glovebox of an mgb.

...and how do you know what those tokens looked like? Hummmm??? :wink:

Being a fine, upstanding person of excellent moral character, he Googled them of course! :angel:

PeterK

Yoda
vagt6 said:
After taking apart the driver's side door on my GT6 to fix the window winding gears, I found a "roach" (e.g., a mostly smoked marijuana joint) inside the bottom of the door! It was VERY old, probably decades old.

Uh-oh! :blush:

Good thing thing I never encounted cops with drug-sniffing dogs!

Found a smoking pipe (wacky tobacky type) in my 4A, and more evidence in the parts car ash tray. Maybe he just rolled his own smokes.

svtmikey

Jedi Trainee
Silver
Country flag
"Don't bogart that joint my friend"

Nothing but rusty screws in my GT6....

Mikey

D

DougF

My prize finds were some of the original TR3 string tags that were on the car when new. One tag explains how to properly set and release the emergency brake and the other concerned coolant. A fellow club member was going to reproduce them for TRF but it turned out it wasn't feasible. There was a third heavily soiled tag that was tied to the brake master that wasn't worth saving.
In my TR6, I also found a stringed item, NOS, still in the package. If Tampax ever goes belly up, it might be worth a nickle.

UmmYeahOk

Jedi Warrior
Im my husbands porsche 928, we found a pair of underwear and a little girls tshirt.
smiley-shocked032.gif

cheseroo said:
I found this while cleaning out the floorboard trash of the 250

IMG00097-20100718-1333.jpg

Thats pretty cool. Guess they never called. I wonder if the number is still his. I cant decipher the date, 2004? Looks like a pretty bad year for the car, if true. But I would guess the date was after 10 digit numbers became mandatory even for local calls, which was about the mid 90s for us.

php411

Freshman Member
I found a handful of .177 pellets and one 25-caliber pistol round under the mat in the boot of my '78 Spitfire. The PO lives in the countryside of Ohio so they may have been his but who knows?

Oh, and the pistol round was live.

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
UmmYeahOk said:
Im my husbands porsche 928, we found a pair of underwear and a little girls tshirt.

I'm sure that is what inspired your BCF name.

UmmYeahOk said:
Thats pretty cool. Guess they never called. I wonder if the number is still his. I cant decipher the date, 2004? Looks like a pretty bad year for the car, if true. But I would guess the date was after 10 digit numbers became mandatory even for local calls, which was about the mid 90s for us.

Yes, it's 2004. The cars (yes, cars. I had to take 5 Triumphs in order to score the 250) had been sitting in storage for years. 2 of the 5 were promptly disposed of. The 250 had last been registered in 1987. The only reason any of them aren't still there is he lost his storage. I'm about to cut up the 69 TR6 and haul it away for scrap unless someone really wants it.

eejay56

Jedi Warrior
I found this guy in the trunk of a parts spitfire.
79spit006.jpg

HerronScott

Darth Vader
So did not need to see that!

Where's that barfing emoticon code?

Scott

rustbucket

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I found a live opossum in the trunk of Ol' Rustbucket when I bought it. He was not happy about being evicted.