• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Collector Car insurance

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Gents/Ladies..
Need to renew my policy and have been looking around for value.
Presently have Hagerty and have never had a claim.
Grundy offers more coverage for 45% less cash and the same no mileage deal with very similar caveats???
I've heard (here mostly) that Hagerty does a nice job on claims etc...
Anyone else have good/bad experiences with either or other Ins organizations?

OP
prb51

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Geo,
They were $300 higher than Hagerty and 500 over Grundy...Not sure why, the agent didn't know why either and they wanted a deductable on the vehicle too...

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
I had a small hit and run claim with Hagerty and they are fantastic. They actually paid the shop more because they were afraid the shop underbid the job. They want everybody happy. I was very awestruck.
Steve

OP
prb51

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
John_Malinick said:
Hagerty A+

John, I presently have Hagerty but have never had to make a claim altho others here have and made good reports about the experience.
I'm getting a really varied rate quote from dif Ins. Co's.
Grundy seems to be the least expensive offering the same coverage....has anyone here ever had to make a claim with Grundy? If so, how was the experience?

OP
prb51

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
sp53 said:
I had a small hit and run claim with Hagerty and they are fantastic. They actually paid the shop more because they were afraid the shop underbid the job. They want everybody happy. I was very awestruck.
Steve

Thanks, I've been with them for some years and they are in the middle price wise. May very well pay more and expect more because of the feedback I've seen from guys with experiences like your own.

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
I've had Hagerty for the past 18 years I have had claims in the past & they are by far the best service insurence I've ever had

OP
prb51

prb51

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks for all of the input. I suspect I'll stay with Hagerty based upon your positive responses.
For a few hundred more bucks it's worth the peace of mind.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Hagerty turned me down because of a couple very minor accidents my wife had over the last 4 years or so, one invloving a broken rear window, and one involving a parked car. My insurance company did not raise our rates, but Hagerty didn't want to take us. I am not complaining, But letting people know they are very picky about it.

I got JC Taylor and am happy (no claims), I told them I would drive the car for occasional errands and pleasure and they were OK with it. Othere seemed very restrictive on type of driving you could do (club events, parades, etc. only). Heacock is not as restrictive on driving, but they were more expensive than anybody I looked at.

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
I asked American Collector why their rates (and others) were so reasonable for these cars and their explanation was that people that owned these cars tended to take better care of them than their wives (or husbands, whichever the case may be). They have very few claims and can afford to pass the savings on to their customers.

Darrell_Walker

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Geo Hahn said:
Clearly none of these carriers want the cars driven to work but pleasure driving was allowed by all of the companies I looked at.

And what could be more pleasure than driving to work :smile:

GBRandy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Geo Hahn said:
GBRandy said:
Hagerty...To and from car shows is about all they allow for.

I don't think that is the case. Scroll down to "Freedom to enjoy your car":

https://www.hagerty.com/us/auto.aspx?id=...CFQImbAodNT7R-Q

Clearly none of these carriers want the cars driven to work but pleasure driving was allowed by all of the companies I looked at.

Sadly, as soon as I mentioned I may take it to work, they declined. I was talking to them directly when that happened and they refused to budge, even when I told them I live 3.2 miles form my office....there is one 4 way stop sign between my garage and the parking lot I own here. Maybe it was a Ferrari thing. Who knows.

Funny, but I got a better rate and higher coverage insuring the Ferrari with my daily cars.