• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moto lita boss

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Does anyone happen to know what moto-lita boss will fit the 2500M. Moto-lita seems to list the B45 based on their year indicators. However, it isn't right. Spline is way too big. Any chance it would be the one that fits the TR6?

TIA
Ed

Country flag
With all the stuff that came from the TR6, I would be willing to bet the steering column is from the TR6 as well. Post us a picture

Marv

OP
TRclassic3

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thanks for the responses. As both the TR4/4A and TR6 call for the same boss, I've ordered that one and will hope for the best. I'll update once I get it in case the question ever comes up again.

Ed

OP
TRclassic3

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Nothing like having the right part for the job. Now just waiting on a TVR emblem.

Attachments

• 23927.jpg
    23927.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 346

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Ed,
You're gonna embarrass me when I park next to you at Gettysburg!!!
Seriously, looks great, nice work.

OP
TRclassic3

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Thanks Ralph. Something had to be done as the leather was no longer in existence for the original wheel and it was quite a distraction. Not to mention, if your hands were at all wet the wheel would stain them black. My wife preferred the wood wheel over the leather, and after all it is her car :wink:.
Do have any projects going on with your fleet?

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Ed,
It's been a chilly winter so my projects are going slowly....smoewhat ironic all my TVR projects center on heat!!But I will be pulling the exhaust manifold/header and have it jet hot coated. Also added water wetter this fall and that seemed to make some difference. Extended drives at highway speed and ideling cause my car to run hot. Never overheated, but runs hotter then I like.
Hope the jet hot coating helps to reduce the underhood temp. I'd really like to put in a 5 speed, but that's not in the immediate future.
Should have the bugeye shell back by March and start the reassembly process...I'll find out how good my notes & pictures & memory are!!!! Got the 70 BGT back on the road this November and that's been my winter driver as it actually gets warm with the heater, some initial noise from the Smiths fan, but it's one of thoes "cute" quirks we all love about our cars.
Think warm thoughts, keep pluggin' on your car and I look forward to the 2011 car show season.
Ralph