• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

new kid in town

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Hello from sunny San Diego. Just came across this forum and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm in the latter stages of a 1 year renovation that started 3 years ago, most of you will know what I mean, of my 66 E type fhc. Its been back on the road for about 3or 4 months now. My next door neighbor ,Harley, bought it new when I was 12 and I spent many hours in his driveway behind the wheel pretending or rolling around in the back,his daughter always got shotgun. She drove it for about 25 years befor deciding to sell. As luck would have it I happened to talk to her mother and she mentioned this. I told her " Don't worry it's sold". I trailered it back down here a week later and have been having a blast ever since.
My very first car was a 59 Hillman Mimx as someone else mentioned was theirs. It got so bad that I donated it to my high school auto shop . They sold swings with a sledge hammer , 10 cents each, as a fund raiser . I've also owned a mk1 spitfire and a 61 sprite.
Well thanks for reading this . I'm not a pro at jags but I'm happy to put in my two cents worth where it might help.
Scott 66fhc

J

Jagdreamer

Welcome to the forum Scott! Great to have another Jag guy. I'm only a "dreamer" right now who hopes some day to afford an EType (Probably Series I). Right now I have a Spitfire. Not knocking Spitfires mind you, great little cars, but boy do I lust after a EType! In the meantime, I love talking about them and learning from other who are lucky enough to own one.

Welcome again. Post pictures!
JD
cheers.gif

PS: That's a great story about buying that car that your neighbor drove for all those years!

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: Jagdreamer ]</p>

OP

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Thanks J.D. and Steve. I'm certainly not trying to rub it in but I just got back from a great ride in the back hills behind San Diego, lovely old Oaks and great windy roads. It's pretty cool when someone in a Prowler is trying to catch up with you to check out your car.

OP

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
I have some photos in my computer but I'm not sure how to get them on the forum. I'm not very cyber savey But I'll give it a shot if someone can explain it to me .

laydent

Freshman Member
So I'm not the only dreamer out here!!
I have had 2 jags. A '64 OTS and a '67 2+2 as my last car.
The '64 I sold while in the navy years ago....couldn't afford the payment and up keep for two cars while maintaining insurance on a sailor's pay.
But the '67 .... mhmmhhmmm. that was sweet. Sold it last November for a ton of cash.
I ended up paying cash for a 2001 Z3 by BMW. Still miss the Jags though. Wifey is putting up a little fuss for me to start over on another -- the new dream equals a '70-71 OTS 4.2 liter job. they are around but until wifey lets up on the check book.....I do the dream thing.
https://www.z3world.com/profile.php?id=3418

Later.

OP

66 fhc

Jedi Hopeful
Speaking of BMW Z's I saw a Z8 today. What a monster. I'm curious what you got for your 2+2 if you don't mind my asking. They don't seem to bring much on E bay from what I've seen.

superpaws

Freshman Member
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 66 fhc:
Hello from sunny San Diego. Just came across this forum and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm in the latter stages of a 1 year renovation that started 3 years ago, most of you will know what I mean, of my 66 E type fhc. Its been back on the road for about 3or 4 months now. My next door neighbor ,Harley, bought it new when I was 12 and I spent many hours in his driveway behind the wheel pretending or rolling around in the back,his daughter always got shotgun. She drove it for about 25 years befor deciding to sell. As luck would have it I happened to talk to her mother and she mentioned this. I told her " Don't worry it's sold". I trailered it back down here a week later and have been having a blast ever since.
My very first car was a 59 Hillman Mimx as someone else mentioned was theirs. It got so bad that I donated it to my high school auto shop . They sold swings with a sledge hammer , 10 cents each, as a fund raiser . I've also owned a mk1 spitfire and a 61 sprite.
Well thanks for reading this . I'm not a pro at jags but I'm happy to put in my two cents worth where it might help.
Scott 66fhc
<hr></blockquote>

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hey superpaws! Welcome to the forum. It looks like you were going to reply to Scotts post, but didn't say anything. What's the matter "cat got your tounge?"
tongue.gif

Welcome aboard,
Basil
cheers.gif

Charles #677556

Originally posted by 66 fhc:
[QB]Hello from sunny San Diego. Just came across this forum and it looks like a lot of fun. I'm in the latter stages of a 1 year renovation that started 3 years ago, most of you will know what I mean, of my 66 E type fhc.

I know the "feeling" well of you being in yout third year of a one year restoration.. I still at the beginning stages of a three year restoration that I started back in 1975!! I've missed a lot of driving time in my '53 XK 120 DHC.. But I keep "plugging along"..
BTW, great story about buying your "toy" you "played with" when you were twelve..
Charles #677556.