• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Introuction

Curt_Sr

Freshman Member
Gretings,
Ijust found this site while looking for information in regards to a fuel gauge issue that I am having. I was able to get some information by using the search feature. I will try some of what was suggested before burdening you all for additional help.

Here is the short story. I have a 79 TR7 that I recently converted with a 95 corvette LT1 / T56 combination. So many mods have been made to accomodate this transformation. I am currently trying to resolve the communication between the tr7 fuel sender and a gm dash gauge cluster. The gauge always reads full even if the wire is disconnected at the sender. I will now look for shorts in the wire. If there are other suggestions, I would apprectiate. Thanks in advance.

Curt Sr

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hi Curt and welcome, and the TR7 is hiding where??? Did you use metal or fiberglass for the wing (fender) flares, how about the frame, did you make one up or reinforce the 7's. Sure would like to see some detail pictures of this, sounds good to me and I'm a real British car nut. Wayne

jeff3113

Jedi Hopeful
Congrats on joining the V8 LBC's!!! I know it can be a very exciting experience.
For your gauge, seems to me either ground or power is missing, right? With the newer cars I'm not so sure it doesn't become more complicated through computers and such. Can you check the old wiring path?
Resistance is probably provided by the sending unit either way.
Just a thought, that gauge might need to be calibrated properly to work with a tr7 sending unit in the tank.

Also, seriously consider reinforcing the frame. I put over 30 feet of steel along the TR6 frame. Very likely overkill, but I didn't want to have to straighten it out later. Torque is fun! The latest victim was a bright yellow Honda S2000 with a serious attitude- not EVEN a chance....lol
Please put up a few pics!
Good Luck,
Jeff

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome Curt!
Always nice to have another Triumph Guy in the fold and a TR7 makes it even better. The fuel gauge problem is intrigueging. Seems to me you must be getting a signal to the meter from somewhere besides the sender. I'm assuming that the GM gauge works the same way as the Triumph one. It may have something to do with the delay device in the Triumph's circuit. This is to keep the low fuel light from blinking as the fuel sloshes. Hope this helps. Again Welcome and Good Luck