• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Looky what I'm gettin'!

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gifLooky what I'm going to pick up next week, https://www.grmotorsports.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5853 I bought the Spit, and a friend of mine bought the TR. Only bad thing is I hafta drive out to Pa. to pick 'em up. I'm picking up my other Stag too on my way back. 3 British cars on my trailer is going to make me look like I'm some sorta Uber Triumph dork or something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
You guys are having entirely to much fun. Great story, hope it works out as easy as you make it sound. Have a good trip. Wayne

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I love "road trips".
Sounds like a Great Adventure....have fun!

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hey Frankenstang,
I got a new toy too! 4 post lift.
Let me know when you get back in town so I can come look at that other Stag.

BTW, are you going to have any Stag ready for VTR 2005? 35th Anniversary and all, we need all the Stags we can get.

PeterK

Yoda
I've got the BendPak 4 post lift in my auto barn. Great for storing the cars away for the winter months (so I have room in my garage for the snowblower and plow), and working on the tub and chassis (separately) in the warm weather. My shop ceiling is only 10 1/2' so it can't go all the way up with a vehicle on it but it does the trick. Not really as tight as the picture makes it look. I've also relocated the shelving in the center of the shop to open up the space a bit more.
https://homes.midmaine.com/~kentech/dave/lift.jpg
https://homes.midmaine.com/~kentech/dave/lift2.jpg

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifThat's pretty cool Glen. I may hafta pick one up one of these days too. When is the VTR 2005? I can probably have the V-6 car ready. I should be back next Tuesday night sometime. So a week from this weekend would work. I'm not 100% sure if I'm going to be haulin' it this trip. I've never had 3 cars on the trailer yet. I think it'll fit! I'll keep you posted from the road! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Nice lift and garage Peter! Looks pretty tight though. But not as tight as in mine. My shelves are also in the middle of the garage, but will disapear once the 2nd Stag is finished.

Dave, I hope you can fit the Stag on the trailer also. I'd like to have a good look over to see if it can be pulled back into shape.
VTR 2005 is 26-30 July in Rockford Illinois. Goal is 100 Stags as it is the 35th Anniversary of the Stag. https://www.vtr2005.org

Let's make it happen, the more the better. Of course you will have another member of the family by then so you need to consider that too!

StagByTriumph

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hey Dave,
Can you stop by Nashville and pick up some parts for me?? Let me know ASAP!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
COOL! I, along with a bunch of us, am green with envy about now.

But I can almost hear your neighbors: "There goes the neighborhood!" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Mickey

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifAh, but that's the best part. I'm outside the city limits in the county. I'm zoned commercial too. I've got the nicest place on the street by far.(outa 4 houses, I'm on the corner, who cares) How else do you think I can get away with the trailer! The guy who owned this place for the 40 years or so before me was an OTR trucker, also read, lot's of parking. Now if I still lived in my townhouse in Boulder... Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the 4 and the Spit came from the same place. I bought the Spit for $400 originally, but when I seen how bad it was the guy sellin' it gave me $100 back. I originally was going to cut it up to use with the brown car to build one.(look around at the gallery) But after an afternoon of tinkering, the thing fired right up, not bad after 10-12 years. It runs OK, but has some issues. The thing has started everytime I've tried since I owned it. Now I'm gettin' emotional, remember the Norwiegens, sometime you hafta eat you dogs, mu..st..reeeesssiiisss...t...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Did I see the Spitfire and the TR4 in Classic Motorsports magazine recently? Seems like I saw them, or two just like 'em somewhere in a story about barn finds...

Mickey

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifYou may have. The guy I bought 'em from said something about it. Was there an article titled "ran when parked" or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Yep - that's it. Current issue (Jan. 2005), p. 30. Thought they looked familiar!

Mickey

OP
frankenstang57

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifWhat's it say? I'll hafta go and pick up a copy on my lunch break. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif