• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

look what I have

rosalind

Country flag
I have wanted a nice centre console for ages...my husband made one for me!

He used some leather from an old sofa to cover it and it matches the interior perfectly. I have a working clock too.

Attachments

• 21781.jpg
    21781.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 416

LTW

Freshman Member
That looks almost like it's meant to be there! How about some armrests next?

LTW

Freshman Member
That looks almost like it's meant to be there! How about some armrests next?

V

vagt6

Very nice, Rosalind. Looks like factory.

Let's see a photo of your current MINI, Rosalind. And, tell us what mods you've done to her.

Cheers, good to hear from you again. :thumbsup:

OP
rosalind

rosalind

Country flag
vagt6 said:
Very nice, Rosalind. Looks like factory.

Let's see a photo of your current MINI, Rosalind. And, tell us what mods you've done to her.

Cheers, good to hear from you again. :thumbsup:

The only mini's I have are the little red mayfair and my white mini sky (which is currently in the garage)

both are pretty much original

DWeeB

Jedi Trainee
WOW you got your own web-site, Very cool!!!!!!!!!!

DWeeB

Jedi Trainee
I'll take'm!

OP
rosalind

rosalind

Country flag
i mean I want a way to make a gallery in flash without having to do it myself (or rather get Darren to do it!)

webshots delete too many photos although i like their flash gallery, picasa is ok but you cant put many pictures on there flickr is just a bit messy.

OP
rosalind

rosalind

Country flag
Last Sunday was The National Mini Show, its where we buy all the bits we need for the winter! This year I neaded a new heater matrix because as soon as I put on my heater all the windows instantly misted up. We found a tested heater unit complete for only ÂŁ10 and when we got it home it had a brand new matrix in it - so we fitted that to my one.

I also found a brown passenger side door release (the last part of the interior that was incorrect), new boot straps and a few other bits and pieces.

Darren found this dress on ebay! All day people kept asking where I got it, and mid afternoon I was approached by the BBC who were filming there (something to do with Stanford Hall) and asked me to give them a twirl on camera :smile:

Attachments

• 22775.jpg
    22775.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 221
OP
rosalind

rosalind

Country flag
a silly photo...but here is the heater!

And by the way, if anyone wants the plans to my center console send me an email.

Attachments

• 22776.jpg
    22776.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 221

GeeBee1

Jedi Knight
Rosalind:

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing. I would like to get the plan for the center console. I am considering something similar for my mini nimrod. I will pm you my email address.

Thanks again,
Pat

OP
rosalind

rosalind

Country flag
thank you racingenglishcars. The dress is by Romeo Pires, they also did a nice skirt and I am looking for one - but they are as hard to find as the little clips that hold my engine water shield in place!

Pat, The plans are for a manual mini console and had to be modified to suit my automatic.

V

vagt6

Rosalind, the car looks fabulous.

I'd give my eye teeth to attend that MINI gathering, sounds very interesting.

Maybe someday I'll get back over to England . . .

racingenglishcars

Darth Vader
Country flag
I'll bet the console would fit into my '64 mk1, but I don't think it would suit the car.

I was however considering painting the '64 in the colours of the Sky when the time comes, JQN blue and NAL (BLVC1218) white. Though red looks good, I can't really imagine having yet another red car.