• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Now THIS

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
...would be cool! A big brother for your Dart?

Packard Wagon

Anyone else see the resemblance?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I like unusual cars..... but that's just too,
er...different.

- Doug

D

Deleted member 8987

Same body shell as a dumb cook, I think (stupid baker).

We know what issues he has, with the can of starting fluid on the seat.

Can someone explain why all the photos show the car in one basic colour, EXCEPT for the last photo?

Maybe he slammed the door too hard and the colour coat fell off.

rlwhitetr3b

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
It looks to me like someone has started working on the rust in the left doors and finder after the first pictures were taken. It is obvious that the pictures were taken in several different locations.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
That car is big enough to park in several locations - have always thought the studebaker/packard alliance produced faces only a mother could love

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Restored or rodded, that car would be a big attraction at a car show. Really, how many tri five chebbys, steel or glass 30's Fords, chopped Mercs, silly looking jacked up pickups and rusted out POS called Rat Rods does one need to see. This would be unique.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
TRMark said:
Restored or rodded, that car would be a big attraction at a car show. Really, how many tri five chebbys, steel or glass 30's Fords, chopped Mercs, silly looking jacked up pickups and rusted out POS called Rat Rods does one need to see. This would be unique.

I couldn't agree more - yesterday was at a cruize in - lots vette's camaros etc. etc. one of my faves was the 65/66 Pontiac wagon - it was sweet!

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I still think it looks like a Dart's big brother!

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
Looks like a 1958 Pontiac Aztec to me.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It's cool - like a bad car accident.
You don't want to look,but you want to.

-Doug

Country flag
AngliaGT said:
It's cool - like a bad car accident.
And of course, the GOOD car accidents never make the news! :crazyeyes:

Country flag
TOC said:

Oh.....the simplier days.....when kids and dogs could ride in the back of a station wagon with the window and top open.....when no one needed seat belts or worried about exhaust fumes and Fido never spied a squirrel or rabbit on that country road....ahh yes......the good old days :smile:

How did we EVER manage to live this long??!! LOL

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Love it! especially the kids in the back - ah memories. I saw a Lark last month (sedan) painted turquoise with pom pom (like on the sombreros) all around the interior. It was fabulous! The guy driving was all smailes when I beeped him in Ms triss - he was having more fun than you can imagine!

BTW before he was married my dad had a Hawk and a Golden Hawk - back then he was cool. Then we came along and wrecked it :smile:

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Studebaker & Rambler were ahead of there time
back then.Like earlier versions of Honda.Reliable &
innovative.

- Doug

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
We have a '58 Packard wagon in a local collection, in need of full restoration and I don't think Peter is thinking of selling...

232328762_a7b36b3e60.jpg

But the Packard that really takes the cake is the '58 Packard Hawk... You thought the Studebaker Hawk was a nicely designed car? Many do... Check out the Packard version... :lol:

208726133_75854f0506.jpg

Or for a more grotesque viewpoint... :thumbsup:

151685220_84274a0cd3.jpg

Actually I haven't seen this car for ages, I'm sure Peter still owns it but he usually shows off his Packard Caribbean convertible

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
was driving up in the Kawarthas yesterday and a big old Packard convertible just lumbered up over a bridge I was crossing - very cool!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
58 was not a good year for Packard. And they picked on Edsel?!
It looks like a lame factory attempt at mass producing a 50s custom.
I'd still love to have that wagon. It's totally different!