• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vic Elford

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Spotted-<span style="font-size: 12pt">Vic Elford!</span>

I walked past a Porsche SUV while at Summit Point, and noticed the driver was Vic Elford.

<span style="font-weight: bold">*The*</span> Vic Elford.

<span style="font-style: italic">"Quick Vic"</span>

Former F1 driver.
Winner of the Monte Carlo Rally (Porsche 911).
Winner of The 24 Hours of Daytona (907).
Winner of the Targa Florio, the Sebring 12 Hour and several 1000km NĂĽrburgring races (including an 84 Hour marathon at The Ring).

He started out rallying an Austin A40 and ended up racing every variant of the 917 Turbo-Panzer ever built including the 1250 HP Can-Am version (he was clocked at about 240 mph at LeMans in a long-tail 917).

Cool guy.

DSC_0718.jpg

RomanH

Jedi Knight
I had the pleasure of being a student of Vic's at the Skip Barber school at Road America in the mid 90s. Very nice gentleman. Driving with him in the instructors car was such a pleasure. Every shift was as smooth as butter. Glad to hear that he is still with us.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
I had the pleasure of meeting Vic Elford several years ago myself during a Can-Am gathering. Very nice fellow.