• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A quiz on manufacturers

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
Many of us on this board know MGs were made at Abingdon, Jaguars at Coventry, Fords at Dagenham and Austins at Longbridge.
The idea here is to test your knowledge of makes that are not quite so well known, starting with easier ones and working up to more difficult.
The second section is manufacturers associated with Formula 1 racing,both current and historic, the final section is even tougher, the hometowns of makers of major components used in motorsport, but not whole cars.
I hope this way to provide a little fun for everyone from beginner to expert!
Let me know how you did, Simon.
Section 1 Section 3
Luton Sevenoaks
Cowley Maidenhead
Hethel
Canley
Solihull
Liverpool
Slough (tricky)
Swindon (current)
Blackpool
Section 2
Surbiton
Brackley
Grove
Woking

piman

Darth Vader
Hello Simon,
Hethel-Lotus, Canley-triumph, Solihull-Rover, Liverpool-Triumph and Jaguar, Slough-Citroen, Swindon-pass, Blackpool-TVR, Surbiton-Cooper, Brackley-pass, Grove-pass, Woking-McLaren

How about Newport Pagnell, Kingston upon Thames, Llantwit-obscure, Linwood, Bolton?.

Alec

EmmaJNation

Country flag
Luton is/was Vauxhall, Cowley was Morris(plus some MGs) and is now MINI(BMW), Swindon is Honda.
Going onto Alec's, Newport Pagnell is Aston Martin, Llantwit (Fadre to distinguish it from Llantwit Major - where my mum came from!)is Gilbern, pass on Kingston on Thames, Linwood is Hillman/Chrysler, pass on Bolton.
A couple more - how about Bradford; Kingsbury, North London?
Emma

OP
Simon TR4a

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
Wow! you guys are good!
Brackley has several correct abswers, BAR (British American Racing, Jordan F1, and Benetton/Renault F1.Grove is BMW Williams.
Maidenhead is Hewland transmissions,(my uncle lived there) and Sevenoaks is Quaife, the differential people.
I got the Gilbern because it sounded Welsh, but I don't know the others, maybe Alvis or Lea Francis.
Bradford is Jowett!
Simon.

Eric

Jedi Warrior
I believe the last TR8's were built in Solihul.