• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mexico is exporting Porsches!?!

Bret

Yoda
Hey gang,

I was working at one of the US Custom’s POEs in Southern California. When I saw these fiberglass Speedster bodies getting ready to be scanned at X-ray before crossing the boarder unto the US.

imag0031.jpg

Hmmm? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I wonder if Mr. Porsche is spinning in his grave knowing that the reproductions are made in Mexico?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

OP
Bret

Bret

Yoda
Re: Mexico is importing Porsches!?!

Yes of course you are correct - you beat me to it. I'd corrected it about the same time you noticed my error.

Opps!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

My boss has one of those out in the garage at work. Well a real one anyway.

MattP

Jedi Knight

I am really not too suprised the last place the Old Beetle was being made was Mexico. Since they share so much in common with the 356, it almost stands to reason.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

shhhh! don't say such things the 356 may figure out that is just a bug in fancy clothes.

Bugeye58

Yoda

When I had my 356, I spun a front inner wheel bearing, and messed up the spindle. Porsche wanted an exhorbitant price for a replacement, or at least for me at the time. I looked at it again, and saw a VW part number on it, went to the VW dealer, and got the identical part for roughly 1/3 the cost.
Jeff