• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Spilled can of Coke forgotten about for a year...

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Last year at a show, I tipped a can of Coke between my e-brake and passenger seat. I pushed a wet towel down in there after tilting the seat forward and thought I got it all cleaned up. Wrong...................

When I was taking my seats and tracks out to get ready for the Miata seats, I couldn't move the passenger seat forward. I thought the tracks were jammed. Wrong again...................

When I got the seat out, I couldn't separate the track from the carpet. nor could I move the track to get at the rear bolts. I had to hold the release lever and beat the track forward with a hammer and block of wood. I finally got it forward and the bolts out, but then I had to chisel the track from the carpet to get it off.

I thought, no big deal, I'll take the carpet to the detail shop and put it through the floor mat scrubber. Three times, I did just that. Wrong again.... That junk will not come off at all. Luckily, it can't be seen until I get a new section of carpeting.

These are the pictures of what it does to metal and carpeting. I used to enjoy drinking that stuff a lot.

seats221.jpg

seats222.jpg

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Think of what it does to your teeth and inards!!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I used to remember seeing the seams on the
old metal cans of RC Cola - the stuff would start
eating thru the seam.I never drank any after that.

- Doug

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
But if you get oil or grease on a windshield, the best way to get it off is to apply a little coke followed by a water rinse to get rid of the coke. Coke will cut oil as well as anything and it doesn't, if well rinsed, harm paint or chrome.

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Years ago, Coke with steel wool did a great job on cleaning chrome.

Sadly, I still like drinking it.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
This is why I only drink beer... :thirsty:

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Art,

NO ONE is crazy enough to waste beer on cleaning chrome. That's why they had to use Coke....

hondo402000

Darth Vader
not that amazinging since they put phosphoric acid in that stuff, beer, water, hops,barley and yeast

beer only

Hondo

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
DNK said:
Father!
On Easter!!

Can't think of a BETTER time to celebrate! :cheers:

TonyPanchot

Jedi Trainee
Pop, Soda and such is one of the main reasons for American health issues including obesity "just say no"

Now beer, that is a gift from the gods, all natural, cool and refreshing

pjsmetana

Jedi Warrior
TonyPanchot said:
Pop, Soda and such is one of the main reasons for American health issues including obesity "just say no"

Now beer, that is a gift from the gods, all natural, cool and refreshing

HERE HERE! Beer, Jack, Coffee, and water. The 4 liquid food groups!

tomgt6

Jedi Warrior
Another good use for it was if someone spilled armoral on the floor I would poor coke over it. The only issue was it ate away the wax and took a lot of water to get rid of the residue so it would stop attracting dirt.

AweMan

Jedi Knight
Re: Spilled can of Coke forgotten about for a year

martx-5 said:
This is why I only drink beer... :thirsty:
------------------------------
{think polka music] *Smile* ..... In heaven there is no beer, that's why we drink it here .......