• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

First Place at the Nashville British Car Show!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The good news is that my TR3 took first place today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The bad news is that there was only one entry! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

All in all a good day. The rain that was threatening held off. Some neat cars, including those of a group from England who are touring the country in their Jags (and a neat Austin Swallow!), a gorgeous '30's MG TA coupe that took best in show, and a display from the local Lane Motor Museum, including a Tatra, a couple of three-wheelers, and a mid-fifties Simca convertible that was a prototype given to Bridgette Bardot in return for advertising.

Also saw Adam from Alabama and his MGB with the V6 - lots of interest in his conversion.

Mickey

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Congrats! Sounds like a good day...

Reminds me why I wish I lived down in the States sometimes instead of British/import car starved Alberta... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif would have loved to see that Tatra and Simca... How easy is it to get a green card to work down there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Seriously, I still enjoy life here in British/import car starved Alberta, there are other perks to living here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

On the bright side had a decent automotive day. Spotted a very nice 1947 Packard while out garage saleing this morning (got a nice picture of it), and attended a local car show plus - the highlight of the day - the open house weekend of our Calgary Fire Department Museum. They have about 26 to 30 old fire trucks, some quite rare, including a 1929 Magirus fire truck (German, one of six known in North America) plus lots of Seagrave and American LaFrance trucks - https://www.firefightersmuseum.org

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks, Jeff. A win is a win, but I'm not really in this for that. It was disappointing that mine was the only TR3 out there. I enjoy comparing notes with other owners and seeing other examples of the marque. We've had a number of them in the past, but they seem to be dwindling. The weather was a factor, as we were expecting rain, but even so, it was a pretty fair turnout, and a well-run show. Maybe next year...

Mickey

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey Sherlock -

Got some pictures of the Simca and Tatra, but have to have them developed. I'll try to get them scanned and e-mail them to you - cool cars!

Mickey

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gifHey Bas -

You were there??? I didn't see you!! And you caught my acceptance speech, too!

Russ Austin

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hey Mickey; Sorry I didn’t give you any run for money this year. We had reservations at AmeriSuites and had to cancel at the last minute, my mother-in-law became ill. Darn I would have been guaranteed 2nd place. Please say hi to W.O. and all those great Tennessee folks.

Look forward to next year.

Russ Austin
58 TR3A

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey Russ -

Someone mentioned he had met you - at the Evansville show maybe? - and that you might be coming. Hope your mother-in-law is OK.

Don't know about that 2nd place - the TR3 has been neglected of late, as I'm working on a B for my wife.

By the way, there's a TR3 for sale here that's not too bad, if you know of anyone looking for one.

Any chance of making the Chattanooga show in November? Here's a link to their site:

www.southernbritishcarclub.org/home.html

I'm going to try, but may have a conflict.

Mickey