• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Snow Day

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Got out of bed, called into work and we're closed. That's a record for us in one season.

Garage here I come. :thumbsup:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Another <span style="font-style: italic">productive</span> day!! :wink:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
vping said:
Got out of bed, called into work and we're closed. That's a record for us in one season.

Garage here I come. :thumbsup:

My Brother in Law recently made the point that snow days are the only weather incident, the outcome of which is that you get to play.

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
It's actually really pretty outside right now. I hope it sticks around just a wee bit longer.

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
JPSmit said:
My Brother in Law recently made the point that snow days are the only weather incident, the outcome of which is that you get to play.

I always thought that was too bad. Rather than canceling school and work for adverse weather, I think we should close everything down for a *really* nice warm spring day.

Also, remember when you were in high school and the weather at the end of the spring term would be really nice, and you'd beg the teachers to have class under a tree outside? I always thought that should also be done at work. "Ok everyone, we're working in the park today!"

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Dave - same here. We've had snow/sleet/rain/freezing rain/wind etc. for the last five days. Finally got about 5 minutes of sun about 30 minutes ago, just before the snow started again.

But now it's 37F, and no snow anywhere. Yippee!

Tom
PS - think about Sturbridge Village. It was pretty much *all* solar powered back in the 19th century.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Nasty this morning. I'm up at our lake house doing car stuff.

I had a Spridget rear axle stored in my shed....I had to drag it about 100' through 3' of snow to my workshop this morning (I'm fitting it to the A35). Fun.

Sun's out now....my passive solar house is absorbing some nice <span style="font-style: italic">gain</span>.

Here's pics from earlier today.....

Lake-
cran-lake-feb-26-2010-lake-view.jpg

Our front door-
feb-26-10-cranlake-look-out-front-d.jpg

My neighbour's car-
feb-26-10-cranlake-jb-car.jpg

Miata & van-
feb-26-10-cranlake-miata-van.jpg

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Tom-
I saw some beautiful photos of a snowy Sturbridge on their Facebook page this week.

Our neighbor is a city worker, so with the number of layoffs in the city budget, he is driving the plow around the area now. He just did a great job of widening the driveway entrance without any piling up of snow. And our street is plowed wider today than it was before it snowed. It is great to have neighbors who can take care of things for us.

But the predicted "Snowicane" turned out to 1 foot or less around here, and the sun is shining brightly now.

Attachments

• 20319.jpg
    20319.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 75

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
I always thought you southerners wanted to have it all.Thank you for taking all of that snow.Hardly had to use the snowblower.Now we up here in Winnipeg are going to get a lot of water come spring from all that snow in the North and South dakota areas
They are allready cutting the ice towards Lake winnipeg so it can be broken and hopefully reduce ice jams.
Thankfully where we live it will always be high and dry
Enjoy
Chuck

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Brooklands said:
Our neighbor is a city worker, so with the number of layoffs in the city budget, he is driving the plow around the area now. He just did a great job of widening the driveway entrance without any piling up of snow. And our street is plowed wider today than it was before it snowed. It is great to have neighbors who can take care of things for us.

It is desirable to live on the same road as the guy who drives the snowplow.

Country flag
MadRiver said:
JPSmit said:
I always thought that should also be done at work. "Ok everyone, we're working in the park today!"

:iagree: With laptops and wireless - we CAN! :banana: