• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Burlington in th' cross-hairs!!!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I hope you guys "up there" have laid in proper supplies. That <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">thing</span></span> headed your way looks to be seriously nasty.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
SOS... another snow storm... make it stop!
I'm ready to head back to Fla.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Ready and waiting! we haven't had a good snow yet this year. they've all gone around us.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This one looks to have ya inna crosshairs, Ben!!

DUCK!!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Gliderman8 said:

It's gettin chilly here too, Elliot. But nowhere NEAR what's gainin' on ya there.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
Gliderman8 said:

It's gettin chilly here too, Elliot. But nowhere NEAR what's gainin' on ya there.

I'm hiding under my desk doc.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Find a way OUT!! You can have th' Shed. :jester:

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
the 4wd is all gassed up and ready. They're only predicting 6-12 here, over 2 days. that's entirely manageable. But also predicting VERY strong winds. that could cause trouble. Downed lines, drifts, etc... Good ol' gas fireplace requires no electricity, plenty -o- grub, it'll be just fine.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Oh joy more snow.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Steve said:
We got hit hard and fast this afternoon, an official "snow burst". 3" inside of an hour!

3" in an hour.... That's a lot of *&%#^@g snow!!
Must have been whiteout conditions.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
What's this "snow" stuff that you're talking about?

- Doug

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
DrEntropy said:
I hope you guys "up there" have laid in proper supplies. That <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">thing</span></span> headed your way looks to be seriously nasty.

6:52am
light snow and 36 degrees F

good! - it should kill the rest of the palmetta bugs.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
angelfj said:
6:52am
light snow and 36 degrees F

good! - it should kill the rest of the palmetta bugs.

About the same here (*just* to the right side of the Delaware River).
My school is closed all day today due to this......maybe I can get a little work done on the Austin today.

Tuesday night we had a <span style="font-style: italic">sudden</span> increase in snow around 8:20 PM and I let my night class out early (normally we run until 8:45 PM).

My Miata had about 4" of snow on the roof when I got out to it. It took me 30 minutes to exit my faculty <span style="text-decoration: underline">parking lot</span> (about 100 yard drive) due to the backup of people all leaving our campus at the same time.
Then I was on our "Campus Drive" (about a 3/4 mile internal road) for about 20 minutes before I was actually able to get off campus.

At one point on Campus Drive, there was a huge jam-up where two cars were stuck and couldn't make it up a slight hill. The two cars that were stuck were a Camaro and a Mustang (both RWD). There was about 20 students and campus security trying to push the two pony cars up the hill. Meanwhile, a 4-wheel drive Suburban had tried to jump a curb to pass the two cars and had gotten stuck diagonally.
It was like watching a <span style="font-style: italic">Laurel and Hardy</span> movie. :laugh:

Turned out the Mustang was a guy from my class.
As I approached this little hill in the road, I left a little "gap" in front of me and took a rolling "run" at it. I cruised right up it in my RWD sports car.
Blizzaks rule!
grin.gif

I waved at the stuck Mustang as I went by. :devilgrin:

Our local weather prediction is at or close to 100% chance of snow all day today.
I have three RWD cars (plus an Accord I never drive). I haven't gotten stuck once this Winter. [knocks MGB wooden shift knob/] :wink:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nial said:
Blizzaks rule!
grin.gif

Never tried 'em but have had the same success with Semperit M+S on the B and Elan in Pittsburgh winters, back-when.

Smile & wave onna way by all that pigiron spinnin' at 50 goin' noplace! :laugh: :devilgrin:

rlwhitetr3b

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I have Blizzaks on my daily driver Miata also. We get a good show once or twice a year, but nothing like the NE. I have not found anything that stopped me yet. A lot of it is the driver. Like you said you left a gap and made a run at it.

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
When I hear these stories, I think of the commercial for a Canadian car chase.
It shows a car spinning its tires and a fellow pushing. 15 feet behind is a cruiser spinning and a officer out pushing.
Only in Canada!

Dave :cheers:

I was in NC from Sunday till Tuesday AM. I was taking a look at the weather Monday evening and realized i might not make it home as planned. Developed a "Plan B" which was to rent a car in BOS and drive home. Thankfully i did not need the car. I made an earlier flight out of BOS to home, saved myself a 5+ hour layover. Made it home before the storm moved in. We got dumped on, about 14 inches of the white stuff fell here in my little corner of Vermont. More on the way today.

good weather for sugarin tho. Going to need snow shoes this year to get into the bush.

C'Mon Spring!!!