• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Poster/Member - Central PA

jtaylor3

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello.
John in Central PA - Lock Haven, PA Home of the Piper Cub!

Have owned many LBC's since I was 14. Currently have my faithful (if now missing 2nd gear) Sprite that I have had since college. Also have my prized '63 Morris Mini Traveller which is in current need of some wood re-finish work.

It has been a bit of a messy winter here, but I did get the Mini out for some brief exercise this past weekend. Spring is near!

On some other boards but don't post often. Just hang out and read - usually finding common past or present issues and choice tidbits to tuck away.

Glad to be here!

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
Welcome John!!
love to see a picture of that 63 Mini

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy John,

"Welcome" to the BCF from the Up-State, SC area.

I`m a recent (6mo) relocater from the Pocono Mtns of PA (Effort to be exact). I don`t envy you folks up there with the weather you`ve been having.

As mentioned; Stick around awhile & have yourself some fun here talking about your cars.

Enjoy,

Russ

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome John! I've always wanted to take the "Sentimental Journey" flight out to Lock Haven in my old bird. I learned to fly in a Cub.

We drive through Lock Haven a few times a year, when we tow out to the Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix and other races at BeaveRun.
We never have time to stop at the Piper Museum....maybe one of these days.

Great to have another Spridget and Mini owner on board!

Country flag
:savewave: Hello John, and welcome to the Forum!

AnkwizTR3a

Freshman Member
Welcome John,
I am also a new member - have a 59 tr3a. Everyone has been so great and helpful, hopefully you'll be as excited as I am to be involved with this wonderful group.

OP
jtaylor3

jtaylor3

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi TR3a. Have a good friend right down the road with a really nice 58 3a. We spent all last summer trying to get his OD working! Also have a neice just off I4 in Celebration. Bet you get more driving time than I do right now!

AnkwizTR3a

Freshman Member
Where does your friend live, near largo fl? Maybe we can get together some time. I do not know anyone with a Triumph - so all my info is from books or this forum.

OP
jtaylor3

jtaylor3

Freshman Member
Country flag
Sorry. I did not word that too well. My friend with the TR3 lives just down the road from me here in PA. I know there are many, many Mini folk in sunny FL, so I am sure you will certainly find some TR people. Check for local shows - you season never ends!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
AnkwizTR3a said:
Where does your friend live, near largo fl? Maybe we can get together some time. I do not know anyone with a Triumph - so all my info is from books or this forum.

ummm.... I'm about 40 minutes from ya. No TR-Bloody-Three but about forty years' experience with LBC's generally.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
You were down here an' didn't TELL me?!?!

...bastage... :jester: