• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Brooklands aero screens

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'm I correct in thinking that the original Blooklands aero screens were mounted in holes that were 13 1/4" apart center hole to center hole. I thought the new ones sold buy Moss and others were 12 3/4" apart. The original mounting holes in my car are 13 1/4"

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I believe it's true that the Moss et al version is not compatible with the original mounting holes/hardware.

12.75" is the post to post distance on the aftermarket style though, of course, there are several other differences besides that measurement.

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Keith: Triumph designed their own proprietary aero screens. They were produced to fit into threaded holes in the scuttle IIRC up to approx. TS30000.
The shape of the TR screens is totally different from Brooklands. There's a guy in the UK who sells a conversion for the Brooklands screens. Here's a photo of my original aeroscreens and the Brooklands.
Note: The original TR aero screens used the same gasket as used between windscreen and scuttle.
My Original TR aero screens
DSC01235.jpg

Brooklands screens
BrooklandsAeroscreen.jpg

My screens with proper rubber sealing strip
DSC04242-r1s.jpg

OP
M

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Thanks Frank, and George for all the information. It seems like it will be nearly impossible to find a set of Triumph designed screens. Thanks for the pictures Frank I will save them.

MGTF1250Dave

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Aloha FRank,

What are the approximate dimensions of the attachment foot of the TR Aero screens? Thanks.