• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A file cabinet

G

makes for great tool or parts storage. When I tore my engine down, I used a different drawer for each area of the engine, i.e intake,exhast in one; head, v/c, rockers, pushrods in another and so on. You can use the drawer divider to separate your new parts being installed for that particular area so everything is at hand.

I put my whole engine in the cabinet (block stayed on the stand). This REALLY helped keep me organized as I'm having to work out of several different areas to accomodate my wife while I do this.

I got the idea from her, as she uses them for storage for chemicals and other things. I had a chance to pick up ten of them for FREE. I thought she was nuts, but MAN do these things work out great. These are REALLY old heavy duty ones from NASA. They were probably made in the 50's or 60's. :hammer:

I would have never thought to do this as you put ~files~ in file cabnets. :wall:

I can't wait to load up ~my~ other 4 cabinet with paint, chemicals and tools! :banana:

I don't know what I'd do without my wife. :thankyousign: :angel::bow:

RickB

Yoda
Yup - I've been using a huge 4 drawer steel file cab for several years as a tool cabinet.

One whole drawer for various fasteners.

When I eventually build my shop it will be out there and then I'll have to organize it a lot better.

OP
G

I have all of my reloading stuff in another one. it handles 100#'s of lead like it aint nothin'.

lesingepsycho

Jedi Warrior
I work as a carpenter for a top ranked University and they are constantly remodeling offices. As a result my garage is fully equiped with lacquered birch drawer banks and upper cabinets. On my recent engine build I did the same thing; different drawers for different parts. Works GREAT! :laugh:

JACK

OP
G

oooooow, you rotten .....

(I'm jealous, can ya tell.) :wink:

Hehehe, and I thought ~I~ had a score...